2K21: Myles Straw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K21: Myles Straw

I am seeing indications he may be the regular CF in Houston. They seem to want Straw to lead off, and he has the plate discipline for it. Though Tucker is the obvious leadoff choice, he is buried in the lineup.

Bat-X has 520 PA, 4 HR, 26 SB, .257/.328/.340

His age 24 slash in 2019 was .269/.378/.343. If that's more indicative, this is a useful player.

FYI Yahoo rates him SS,OF.

J

Update: Straw is one of the big movers in ADP - Up from 463 in January to 352 in March.
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-04-2021, 10:46 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

He probably won't be a SS anywhere else, as he only had 1 game there last year.

If he gets the playing time, I can see a Jon Berti-like season for him. Good sleeper candidate.

Comment

One trick pony but his trick is the most valuable one for fantasy purposes. I have a hard time believing he'll stick in the leadoff role (or in a starter's role) for terribly long but so long as he does he'll generate value. Plus, Dusty's gonna Dusty when it comes to making decisions regardless of whether data supports or not.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        One trick pony but his trick is the most valuable one for fantasy purposes. I have a hard time believing he'll stick in the leadoff role (or in a starter's role) for terribly long but so long as he does he'll generate value. Plus, Dusty's gonna Dusty when it comes to making decisions regardless of whether data supports or not.
        It matters how his hit tool has progressed. An OBA of .378 is legit for leadoff, which will give you runs.

The other thing is how much he runs, because his speed scores have topped 8.0 more than once. Dusty may see him as a poor man's Juan Pierre.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Someone I talked with the other day called him a modern day Mike Caruso

Comment

That is the other side of the coin. of course Caruso wouldn't take a walk at gunpoint.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
            X