No announcement yet.

SP trade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, if it is Saves plus holds divided by 2 minus blown saves, isn't everyone negative?

Comment

It's probably saves plus (holds divided by two) minus blown saves.

Edit: Wait, how does the math parenthesis thing go again? Anyways, divide holds by two.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Wait, if it is Saves plus holds divided by 2 minus blown saves, isn't everyone negative?
        I think the actual equation is (SV-BS) + (HLD/2), if I'm reading the description correctly.

I think making the category too confusing is an issue. I prefer the simplicity offered within SV + HLD, especially now that less than half the league are using their best relievers in the 9th.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          It's like we share one brain when it comes to baseball :P
          So you are both half brains ?
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            half-wits?
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Well I am more Brians than Chance....
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                half-wits?
                What's wit you?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Well I am more Brians than Chance....
                  We are equally Brianed.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The interesting followup is I've now been offered a 21st round Semien for a 17th round McCullers. I'm tempted.

Comment

What other keepers do you have now? I know the two pitchers, and honestly, even with everything else neutral, I'd do that one. Unless days on the IL is a category.

Comment

What other keepers do you have now? I know the two pitchers, and honestly, even with everything else neutral, I'd do that one. Unless days on the IL is a category.
                        Kershaw (4)
                        Ketel Marte (15)
                        Sixto Sanchez (20)
                        Ian Anderson (21)
                        Trent Grisham (22)
                        Yordan Alvarez (23)

IL days is not a category; hence I declined an offer for Stanton already.

Comment

I agree. I prefer Semien straight up, so getting him at a lower round makes it a no brainer. You have pitching depth, and McCullers has upside, but as cavebird indicates, he has not shown the health skill much so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            I agree. I prefer Semien straight up, so getting him at a lower round makes it a no brainer. You have pitching depth, and McCullers has upside, but as cavebird indicates, he has not shown the health skill much so far.
                            Yes, definitely Semien in this situation, but probably him in any situation.

Comment

But do you guys buy the 2019 or the remainder of Semien's career? I think caution is warranted when a dude like Semien is coming off of a bad year, even a short one. His '19 was an outlier thus far. That said, it's a fair offer for McCullers.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                But do you guys buy the 2019 or the remainder of Semien's career? I think caution is warranted when a dude like Semien is coming off of a bad year, even a short one. His '19 was an outlier thus far. That said, it's a fair offer for McCullers.
                                I'm in the "some of both" camp. I don't think he's as good as 2019, but I think some of the gains were legitimate. 20 HR 10SBs, .330-340 OBP, with R/RBI depending on where they hit him. And he'll have both 2B/SS eligibility pretty quickly this year.

So, I went for it.

Thanks to all for the input and help.

Comment

Working...
                                X