Overreact to Spring Training games here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
    Even that would be complicated by his lack of a position and the presence of Albert Pujols. Additionally, they need him as an ace pitcher. When they signed him they wanted a pitcher and allowed him to hit as well. The team needs him more as a pitcher.
    They definitely do need him as a pitcher. If he wasn't pitching, though, he could play the outfield since he wouldn't need to save his arm for pitching.

Comment

Domingo German looks really good in this spring and Yankee fans can look forward to German throwing 8 and then being relieved by Aroldis Chapman. Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Domingo German looks really good in this spring and Yankee fans can look forward to German throwing 8 and then being relieved by Aroldis Chapman. Woohoo!
        Deivi Garcia looks really good too. Is it an overreaction to think the Yankees might slot German at 4 and Garcia at 5 and bump Jordan Montgomery from a SP role?
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Deivi Garcia looks really good too. Is it an overreaction to think the Yankees might slot German at 4 and Garcia at 5 and bump Jordan Montgomery from a SP role?
          If they really are basing it on performance alone, I think they would do that. But looking at how they have talked about Deivi this spring, it seems clear they wanna send him down. Maybe they wanna do that to save the innings for later in the season.

Comment

Yes, it is. They want Monty to be pitching big games in the playoffs for them.

Deivi will come up if/when Taillon and Kluber get hurt. He'll probably go down to the minors to stay stretched out.

The only person Deivi could beat out would be German, and it doesn't seem like that's happening.

Comment

Deivi Garcia is a better pitcher than the other two. He will force their hand to doing the right thing sooner or later. I think German will be the one getting bumped because he's the least talented of the three. Of course, the Yankees entire rotation is a bag of torn ligaments plus Gerritt Cole and his cheatin' substance hand, so Garcia will have plenty of opportunities to get in there one way or another.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Deivi Garcia is a better pitcher than the other two. He will force their hand to doing the right thing sooner or later. I think German will be the one getting bumped because he's the least talented of the three. Of course, the Yankees entire rotation is a bag of torn ligaments plus Gerritt Cole and his cheatin' substance hand, so Garcia will have plenty of opportunities to get in there one way or another.
                Why are we so sure Garcia is the best of those 3? He's thrown 34 innings in the majors and didn't exactly light it up. Add in his age and slight build and I don't see why the yankees would want to push his innings early on out of ST. Makes a ton of sense to send him down to AAA or use him in the BP to open the season. If German or Montgomery are ineffective or another starter breaks down, it would be easy enough to transition him and see if he can earn a spot

Comment

Originally posted by ssmallz View Post
                  Why are we so sure Garcia is the best of those 3? He's thrown 34 innings in the majors and didn't exactly light it up.
                  Well, despite not lighting it up, he still had a better ERA than Montgomery, and by either the gun or the eye, has much better stuff than either. But, yeah, I agree they'll likely BP him or send him down more than likely.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                  X