Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    CJ Abrams is the next Tatis Jr!
    Brian Asselstine is the next CJ Abrams !
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Hat tip to the Brian Asselstine references. Wow, I remember him from when I was very young.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Hat tip to the Brian Asselstine references. Wow, I remember him from when I was very young.
        his first MLB at bat was vs. Mark Lemongello if u remember him. And even if you don't
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Kenley Jansen = unhittable monster, clear #1 closer in all of baseball, will save 60 games

Julio Urias = overrated, took the loss like a failed prospect, can't even limit unearned runs, striking out less than a batter per inning

Jimmy Nelson (remember him?) = also unhittable, clear #2 closer in all of baseball, will save 40 games (the other 20 wins will be by more than 3 runs)
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Jimmy Nelson (remember him?) = also unhittable, clear #2 closer in all of baseball, will save 40 games (the other 20 wins will be by more than 3 runs)
            Seriously, hope he does well.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Kenley Jansen = unhittable monster, clear #1 closer in all of baseball, will save 60 games

Julio Urias = overrated, took the loss like a failed prospect, can't even limit unearned runs, striking out less than a batter per inning

Thus, LA Dodgers = 100+ save opps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Thus, LA Dodgers = 100+ save opps?
                I was being generous that other teams could keep within 3 runs of them in 100 games. Probably closer to 80 save opps and 40 blowouts out of their 120 wins, you're right.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Spring Training Batting Leaders

Name Tm OppQual OPS
                  Joc Pederson CHC 6.4 1.918
                  Nick Pratto KC 5.7 1.796
                  Eric Haase DET 4.3 1.743
                  Joey Gallo TEX 6.6 1.677
                  Mickey Moniak PHI 7.3 1.571

Now, I don't know who Nick Pratto is, but do you think I can still get him in the 2nd round?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Spring Training Batting Leaders

Name Tm OppQual OPS
                    Joc Pederson CHC 6.4 1.918
                    Nick Pratto KC 5.7 1.796
                    Eric Haase DET 4.3 1.743
                    Joey Gallo TEX 6.6 1.677
                    Mickey Moniak PHI 7.3 1.571

Now, I don't know who Nick Pratto is, but do you think I can still get him in the 2nd round?
                    No sir. He got cut Thursday.

Maybe he plays 1B for KC in 2022?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      No sir. He got cut Thursday.

Maybe he plays 1B for KC in 2022?
                      Reassigned, not cut. He could be up in April even (highly unlikely)

Comment

Bieber, Kershaw, and Nola all got torched today (check out Ohtani's blast vs. Bieber for a good time). Remove them all from your draft sheets. Undraftable, the lot of 'em.

Comment

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. went 4-for-4 with a (409 foot) triple and two doubles (one at 414 feet) on Tuesday. He's a definite first round pick now.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ohtani with 3hr in last 2 games. I wish they would let him just hit. With his speed, he could be a 30/30 player if he got 500+ ab.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                              Ohtani with 3hr in last 2 games. I wish they would let him just hit. With his speed, he could be a 30/30 player if he got 500+ ab.
                              Even that would be complicated by his lack of a position and the presence of Albert Pujols. Additionally, they need him as an ace pitcher. When they signed him they wanted a pitcher and allowed him to hit as well. The team needs him more as a pitcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X