X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Cuomo

hmmm....what's everyone think ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

I hope the New York district attorney doesn't need him to testify in the Trump hearing.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Like with everyone else, they need to review the info to see if it is legit, and if so, carry on from there.

Comment

I think the allegations are consistent with my sense of who Cuomo is and I believe them. So far, the nature of the allegations--flirtations and unwanted and inappropriate advances--do not rise to the level that I feel he needs to be forced out before the next election based on these allegations (though more are emerging, so who know if worse allegations will come to light).

For me, while those allegations show poor judgment, the poor judgment he showed with the nursing home issue, and then even more with the cover up, are larger issues. Taken as a whole, it all adds up to me believing Cuomo should not win another election and it is time for a new governor of NY. If that happens early because of a recall, I ain't mad at it, but again, for me, a recall would be more justified for his nursing home cover up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I think the allegations are consistent with my sense of who Cuomo is and I believe them. So far, the nature of the allegations--flirtations and unwanted and inappropriate advances--do not rise to the level that I feel he needs to be forced out before the next election based on these allegations (though more are emerging, so who know if worse allegations will come to light).

For me, while those allegations show poor judgment, the poor judgment he showed with the nursing home issue, and then even more with the cover up, are larger issues. Taken as a whole, it all adds up to me believing Cuomo should not win another election and it is time for a new governor of NY. If that happens early because of a recall, I ain't mad at it, but again, for me, a recall would be more justified for his nursing home cover up.
          If this happens, get ready for......Governor De Blasio.

Comment

Quoting Bene Futuis on Trump here: "Imagine how many Americans would still be alive if someone else - anyone else - had been [Governor of NY] when this horrific pandemic emerged. It’s gotta be many thousands. Easily the greatest failure of leadership in my lifetime."

How many died unnecessarily? Reports are about 14K, I think?

Also, the unwanted sexual attention in the workplace is 1000% worth his removal from office. The latest report is sickening. He placed his hand on the small of a woman's back, and when she removed his hand, he told her he didn't like her attitude, then told her he wanted to kiss her. Game, fucking, over. There will be many more. Cuomo admitted as much with his recent cryptic statements reflecting on his past behaviour.

If you do something that would get you fired from your job at Chuck E. Cheeze, you should be held to a higher standard as Governor, not lower.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Daily Beast
              In the case of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s latest accuser, Anna Ruch, she wasn’t his employee and they weren’t in a workplace. They met for the first time at a wedding, where she says that he put his hand on her lower back. When she used her own hand to remove it, he grabbed her face in both hands and said he wanted to kiss her.

That’s a newsworthy story because the 33-year-old is the third decades-younger woman in a week to come out with an account of unwanted contact with Cuomo, and because her story pokes serious holes in the phony “apology” the 63-year-old governor had issued a day earlier, to try and talk around the detailed, documented account of his second accuser, 25-year-old Charlotte Bennett.

“At work, sometimes I think I am being playful and make jokes that I think are funny,” he said, sounding like a sad, misunderstood little boy while trying to explain away his actions with the second member of his staff to accuse him of harassment, and after his earlier suggestion that she get a tattoo on her butt fell flat. “I now understand that… some of the things I have said have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation.”
              What a piece of shit.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                What a piece of shit.
                Sadly, I think these types of abuses of power are all too common. I'm hopeful that as these stories continue to emerge, they will make them more uncommon in the future. Time will tell if we see less and less of these actions post metoo. I think we will. As I have said, I will be disappointed and surprised if Cuomo remains NY's governor long term. Some on the left digging in to support him, because of whataboutism and frustration about double standards is disheartening. It is the same strategy used on the right to shield such behavior. It must stop.

I do not want to minimize these allegations by maintaining that the nursing home cover up disturbs me even more. I suppose it is enough to say that a reckoning should be coming for Cuomo for a variety of reasons.

Comment

If you do something that would get you fired from your job at Chuck E. Cheeze, you should be held to a higher standard as Governor, not lower.
                  I know we don't see eye to eye on a number of political issues, but damn, this quote is legendary!
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Love this quote for all people in power.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      I know we don't see eye to eye on a number of political issues, but damn, this quote is legendary!
                      Wow, you type faster. But Amen!

Comment

I agree with Sour Masher that the Covid failures are much greater than the inappropriate personal stuff, but the latter is starting to look extremely ugly.

This article from The Guardian from 9 months ago laid out why Cuomo's Covid failures should cost him his job.

Originally posted by The Guardian
                        Andrew Cuomo may be the most popular politician in the country. His approval ratings have hit all-time highs thanks to his Covid-19 response. Some Democrats have discussed him as a possible replacement for Joe Biden, due to Biden’s perceived weakness as a nominee. And there have even been some unfortunate tributes to Cuomo’s alleged sex appeal.

All of which is bizarre, because Cuomo should be one of the most loathed officials in America right now. ProPublica recently released a report outlining catastrophic missteps by Cuomo and the New York City mayor, Bill de Blasio, which probably resulted in many thousands of needless coronavirus cases. ProPublica offers some appalling numbers contrasting what happened in New York with the outbreak in California. By mid-May, New York City alone had almost 20,000 deaths, while in San Francisco there had been only 35, and New York state as a whole suffered 10 times as many deaths as California.

Federal failures played a role, of course, but this tragedy was absolutely due, in part, to decisions by the governor. Cuomo initially “reacted to De Blasio’s idea for closing down New York City with derision”, saying it “was dangerous” and “served only to scare people”. He said the “seasonal flu was a graver worry”. A spokesperson for Cuomo “refused to say if the governor had ever read the state’s pandemic plan”. Later, Cuomo would blame the press, including the New York Times for failing to say “Be careful, there’s a virus in China that may be in the United States?” even though the Times wrote nearly 500 stories on the virus before the state acted. Experts told ProPublica that “had New York imposed its extreme social distancing measures a week or two earlier, the death toll might have been cut by half or more”.

But delay was not the only screw-up. Elderly prisoners have died of coronavirus because New York has failed to act on their medical parole requests. As Business Insider documented:

“Testing was slow. Nonprofit social-service agencies that serve the most vulnerable couldn’t get answers either. And medical experts like the former CDC director Tom Frieden said ‘so many deaths could have been prevented’ had New York issued its stay-at-home order just ‘days earlier’ than it did. On March 19, when New York’s schools had already been closed, Cuomo said ‘in many ways, the fear is more dangerous than the virus.’”
                        https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...us-catastrophe

It's hard to believe Americans were being so easily duped by this performance.

Posted by gcstomp on Mar. 25 about Cuomo: "We are in such tragic times. at head of the table is literally the worst person with the most self-serving gross world view is in charge. The difference between hearing what a president should sound like, as in Cuomo and his daily briefings and his leadership while being fact based, to this trump monster is so stark."

Bonus pts go to Ken for figuring out super early on that something fishy was going on with Cuomo's reported numbers well before the press was reporting it. Mar. 29th: "Weird are they not reporting some cases? Because the reported numbers show > 1% and growing". He must have been doing some heavy Covid data analysis at the time to notice the blip.

Comment

You mean that slugging whiskey in the ball pit and cursing at children would get me fired from my job as Governor, too? Man, you guys are harsh.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Based on the accusations and his mealy-mouthed response/apology-ish-statement-thing, I think he's guilty of sexual harassment and should step down. I'm willing to be proved wrong as more facts come out, but I'm guessing a long list of the facts are going to continue to pile up against him based on what I've seen so far. It ain't pretty.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

The intervention was the earliest action yet known in an effort by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo that concealed how many nursing home residents died in the pandemic.

Comment

Working...
                              X