No announcement yet.

Extension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, one year later...I took some of your advice, ignored some of you...and basically made some bad decisions on my own. I'm not going to provide the details and deal with the fallout, water under the bridge.... So let's do it again.

18 team keeper league 5X5 ...OBP not avg. Two potential extensions

Yordan Alvarez $6
    Kyle Tucker $6

I can keep at 6 bucks or extend extra years at 5 dollars per year. I'm thinking 2 year extension for both, so each would be 16 for three years. Give me some better advice, I promise not to ignore it this year.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Damn...interesting to look thru the comments from last year.
      Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 01-20-2022, 10:49 AM.
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        This is true for me as well, mostly. I couple of owners value the proven, cheap major league with one year left, but most want the high ceiling prospects. So, my strategy is to load up on valuable major leaguers in season and if I cannot trade them for what I want, I trade my prospects. But then in the offseason, when everyone realizes their minors are full but they need keepers, I trade my extra keepers back for prospects, and the cycle continues. Either way, a $7 Yaz will have value to someone, eventually, and I think the return will be more than $5.
        I ended up trading Yaz pretty late in the year to grab a closer for saves insurance...got Trivino who promptly tanked. Thanks Revo !
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          ok, one year later...I took some of your advice, ignored some of you...and basically made some bad decisions on my own. I'm not going to provide the details and deal with the fallout, water under the bridge.... So let's do it again.

Yordan Alvarez $6
          Kyle Tucker $6

I can keep at 6 bucks or extend extra years at 5 dollars per year. I'm thinking 2 year extension for both, so each would be 16 for three years. Give me some better advice, I promise not to ignore it this year.
          I think I would go one year each. Grab the profit, save 10 bucks for the auction and still increase their trade value with that extra year.
          Last edited by Gregg; 01-20-2022, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Yordan Alvarez $6
            Kyle Tucker $6

At least two years for Tucker, maybe three, depending on how many keepers you get and inflation. Yordan still scares me, but I'd probably go to $16 on him, just because the downside is he gets hurt and you can still trade him to a rebuilder for something good.

Comment

Yordan Alvarez $6
              Kyle Tucker $6

I always overextend guys and it almost always comes back to bite me in the ass. So I'd probably middle the 2 and extend Tucker for 2 seasons and Alvarez for one.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd probably go two on both.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I always overextend guys and it almost always comes back to bite me in the ass. So I'd probably middle the 2 and extend Tucker for 2 seasons and Alvarez for one.
                  That was my first thought but I'd also be fine with extending Alvarez two. That other thread made me look into him some more and I'm really coming around. Kid's a hitter.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

thanks for input. Seems 2 years each is my default, consideration to give Tucker 3 or Alvarez only 1.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

thanks for input. Seems 2 years each is my default, consideration to give Tucker 3 or Alvarez only 1.
                      This is where I'm at as well.

I'd lean towards 3 for Tucker given the SB's.

Alvarez is so elite, I'm considering extending him 3 extra years to $20 in AL only. Especially now that he's OF eligible.

But an 18 team mixed format gives me slight pause on extending too far in general. So I'd probably stick with your instinct of 2 + 2.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                      X