Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBS - replace an owner question link goes to Invitation Expired???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS - replace an owner question link goes to Invitation Expired???

I am the commish of a cbs league and we are trying to replace an owner with a new one. The issue is when I either try to replace the owner or add the new owner as a co-owner I have the same issue. I send the new owner a league invite email that contains the link to join the league. But when the new owners get the email and clicks on the link it takes them to our league website and says

Invitation Expired
    Your invitation link has expired. Verify that you followed the correct
    link or send a request to the Commissioner to send an updated invitation.

Does anyone why the new owner is getting the expired invitation response? I have tried both ways to add the new owner as a co-owner and also as to replace the existing owner with the new one. But both times the new owner will get the email invite but when they click the link to join, they get the expired invitation message.
    let me know if you have any info.
    Thanks!!!

I am not on CBS, so I don't know if they have rolled over/updated for 2021. This is prob a dumb question, but are you certain the invite is coming from the 2021 version of the league? It sounds like something that would have happened if we had tried to add a new owner to espn last week, when the league site was still set for the 2020 season.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Our league has been with cbs since 2001 and there is no 2021 'version'. The league just rolls forward to the new season in early Feb. All the teams and rosters pickup where the prior season ended.

I do see that there is a old invite that was sent out years ago to another owner, so i wonder if that could be the issue.

Comment

I'd just call their customer service to see what the issue is. It may have something to do with that old invite.

Comment

i sent a message to them and got the automated reply that a case was created. But have nothing since. Can you share the # for customer service?

Comment

Working...
          X