Plesac for Carlson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plesac for Carlson

I have $1 Plesac. The guy with Dom Smith wants him, but I'm not a total believer in Dom with no NL DH. But I can flip Dom Smith for Dylan Carlson, who I like a lot in my pts format. But even though Plesac's hype is based on a SSS, I am a believer. I am torn. Should I stand pat or get Carlson? Carlson is still minor elg in my league, which is good, but my minors are loaded, so I'd have to cut a good minor leaguer in the deal. It would open up room for me to keep Caleb Smith in the majors, though. Carlson would be called up at $5, btw.

IDK, I guess I asking which guy people believe in more. I am a sucker for Cleveland pitchers. But Carlson seems legit and I need OFers. My first priority is winning this year, but long term value matters. Plesac seems like the guy to keep for 2021, but Carlson could put it together quickly and long term, I feel better about extending hitters. And keeping Caleb Smith vs losing a good prospect is probably a wash. We go 20 deep in prospects, and my worst one is probably Reid Detmers, who I like better than the industry assumption of all floor no ceiling, but I won't lose sleep over cutting him.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I have $1 Plesac. The guy with Dom Smith wants him, but I'm not a total believer in Dom with no NL DH. But I can flip Dom Smith for Dylan Carlson, who I like a lot in my pts format. But even though Plesac's hype is based on a SSS, I am a believer. I am torn. Should I stand pat or get Carlson? Carlson is still minor elg in my league, which is good, but my minors are loaded, so I'd have to cut a good minor leaguer in the deal. It would open up room for me to keep Caleb Smith in the majors, though. Carlson would be called up at $5, btw.

IDK, I guess I asking which guy people believe in more. I am a sucker for Cleveland pitchers. But Carlson seems legit and I need OFers. My first priority is winning this year, but long term value matters. Plesac seems like the guy to keep for 2021, but Carlson could put it together quickly and long term, I feel better about extending hitters. And keeping Caleb Smith vs losing a good prospect is probably a wash. We go 20 deep in prospects, and my worst one is probably Reid Detmers, who I like better than the industry assumption of all floor no ceiling, but I won't lose sleep over cutting him.
    Long term I like carlson a lot more and I think has more value than Plesac. Not a fan of Caleb Smith as a keeper....would still do the deal I think. U can probably upgrade Smith pretty easily I would think
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Long term I like carlson a lot more and I think has more value than Plesac. Not a fan of Caleb Smith as a keeper....would still do the deal I think. U can probably upgrade Smith pretty easily I would think
      You would think, but keepers are hard to come by this time of year. Since it is a pts league that gives 2 pts per K, Caleb is not as bad in this format. I also have a cheap Spencer Turnbull, but Caleb projects much higher (though I do like Turnbull as a sleeper).

Comment

I can get Pomeranz in the deal. Does that help?

Comment

Done deal. I hope I don't regret trading Plesac. FunkLord Zola is low on him. IDK, he looked good, but SSS. I got Pomeranz. That bullpen is crowded, but he is the best of the bunch, so I'm hoping he gets the saves. If he looks like he might, I will keep him over Caleb. Both are $5.

Comment

You got Pomeranz AND Carlson for Plesac? Nice. Very nice.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

That looks great for you--what minor leaguer do you have to drop? That's the only question mark I have.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                That looks great for you--what minor leaguer do you have to drop? That's the only question mark I have.
                Blake Walston, who I like more than most. We go 20 man rosters deep in the minors with 14 teams, so guys lower on the totem poll still have some value. I hate giving up any value, even a small amount, but I felt I had to do the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  You got Pomeranz AND Carlson for Plesac? Nice. Very nice.
                  Gracias. I feel better with you saying that, as you know your pitching. IDK, just so hard for me to give up a Cleveland pitcher. I had Klubot for years nad got burnt by not getting Bieber when I had the chance. That Pads bullpen looks a mess and I fear a committee approach, but the upside is there for Pom to really win this deal for me.

Comment

That’s a give to get deal. Dylan Carlson has monster upside, and Pomeranz will be solid and get you some saves.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Blake Walston, who I like more than most. We go 20 man rosters deep in the minors with 14 teams, so guys lower on the totem poll still have some value. I hate giving up any value, even a small amount, but I felt I had to do the deal.
                      Oh, well that's not a worry when you are getting that great a deal.

Comment

I flipped Pom-pom-pom, pom-pom-eranz and Josiah Gray for a $2 Joc Pederson and Nick Gonzales. I had traded Joc and the pick that become Nick Gonzales for a cheap German Marquez and pick 16, so it kinda went full circle. All told, I traded $1 Plesac and Josiah Gray and dropped Walston and ended up getting $8 German Marquez (for this year and next), Dylan Carlson, and Robert Hassell. I'm in prospect love with Nicky G, so super stoked to get him back. And I love Marquez for road starts and we have deep benches so it will be easy to switch in decent guys for his tougher home starts.

Comment

Working...
                        X