X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    NFLonCBS
    @NFLonCBS
    Hundreds of QBs have started 50+ games in the NFL since the merger.

However only 1 of those QBs has NEVER thrown a Pick Six in his career.

His name, you ask?

Mitchell Trubisky.

We are going to end up with Mitch or worse aren't we?
    Nick Foles says hello.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Historic franchise deserves Super Bowl mvp

Comment

Did not see this coming!

Russell Wilson has a no trade clause. But if he were to be traded...

The quarterback's agent identified to ESPN four different teams Wilson would be comfortable playing for in the event of a future deal: the Bears, Cowboys, Raiders and Saints.

Comment

Did not see this coming!

The quarterback's agent identified to ESPN four different teams Wilson would be comfortable playing for in the event of a future deal: the Bears, Cowboys, Raiders and Saints.
          He's always wanted to be part of THE historic NFL franchise. Just what I heard.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Did not see this coming!

My opinion of Russell Wilson just took a big hit. Seattle might not be perfect, but the Cowboys and Raiders are far, far worse and wayyyy more dysfunctional than Seattle.

And the Bears suck.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

While Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson hasn’t formally requested a trade, that hasn’t stopped speculation from running rampant. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Wilson “would happily” accept a trade to the Bears.

“If the Bears struck a deal with the Seahawks Russell Wilson would happily accept his walking papers to the Windy City,” Schefter told the Waddle and Silvy Show.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Nick Foles says hello.
                Yikes!

As noted by the Chicago Sun-Times, Bears General Manager Ryan Pace has sounded positive when talking about Foles this offseason.

“I respect the way he handled a lot of adversity this year, not just for himself in the quarterback room,” Pace said. “He was a leader in the room as a starter or as a backup. And . . . when he was playing, there were some things that, in fairness to him, the offensive line was a little unsettled and the run game wasn’t quite where we wanted it to be.”

Comment

Dianna Russini
                  @diannaESPN
                  I was told the Seahawks are not “shopping” Russell Wilson but calls made from other teams inquiring have been answered.

Comment

Dianna Russini
                    @diannaESPN
                    I was told the Seahawks are not “shopping” Russell Wilson but calls made from other teams inquiring have been answered.
                    Aren't calls always answered? I mean, how do they know the other team is calling about Wilson? Or is there a new caller ID trick that makes your phone show SPAM CALL when it knows that the call is about him?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Aren't calls always answered? I mean, how do they know the other team is calling about Wilson? Or is there a new caller ID trick that makes your phone show SPAM CALL when it knows that the call is about him?
                      I am not sure. They don't answer my calls and I call them all the time?

Comment

Nick Foles says hello.
                        This is me after reading the above:

Comment

It is said that The Historic Chicago Bears are desperate for a franchise quarterback. That they are willing to over pay for one. And they should. It would seem that the Texans or the Seahawks can force them to make a stupid crazy offer. I would say crazyish. The Bears should be happy with either QB. If one overplays their hand they will be the one left with less.

Watson has said he will sit out. I believe him. The Bears should make a very public and loud noise about acquiring Russell Wilson. Then go get Watson. It will still be crazy, but less crazy than it could be.

Comment

It is said that The Historic Chicago Bears are desperate for a franchise quarterback. That they are willing to over pay for one. And they should. It would seem that the Texans or the Seahawks can force them to make a stupid crazy offer. I would say crazyish. The Bears should be happy with either QB. If one overplays their hand they will be the one left with less.

Watson has said he will sit out. I believe him. The Bears should make a very public and loud noise about acquiring Russell Wilson. Then go get Watson. It will still be crazy, but less crazy than it could be.
                            The Bears have zero leverage here. Wilson is likely going to stay in Seattle.

And if the Bears try to play the Texans or Seahawks like that there are 20 other teams that would love to have one of those QBs.

What do the Bears even have to offer? Can't imagine they are a serious contender to trade for those guys. Teams don't want picks at the end of the 1st round, at least not for a top 10 type QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              The Bears have zero leverage here. Wilson is likely going to stay in Seattle.

And if the Bears try to play the Texans or Seahawks like that there are 20 other teams that would love to have one of those QBs.

What do the Bears even have to offer? Can't imagine they are a serious contender to trade for those guys. Teams don't want picks at the end of the 1st round, at least not for a top 10 type QB.
                              1st round picks for the next three years, 2nd round this year and next, and Roquan Smith. Or last year's rookie stud Jaylon Johnson. If pushed both.

There are 20 other teams that might like to have them but will they spend the capitol to be the highest bidder.

With Russell Wilson he has stated he will only waive his no trade clause for 4 teams. Saints, Raiders, Bears, Cowboys. Saints can't get far enough under the salary cap. Cowboys just signed Dak Prescott, Raiders claim to love Carr and would not trade him plus assets for Wilson. That leaves the Bears.

Now I do not really think that the Bears will get either of them, but I didn't think they would get Khalil Mack either. Plus a fan can dream can't they?

Comment

1st round picks for the next three years, 2nd round this year and next, and Roquan Smith. Or last year's rookie stud Jaylon Johnson. If pushed both.
                                That doesn't sound like an attractive package at all for a franchise quarterback.

The problem is the lack of a high pick. This year's pick is 20th overall. If you are Seattle or Houston, you assume adding a high end QB to the Bears puts them in the playoffs, so you have 2 more years of 20+ overall.

Next year's picks are worth ~ 1 round down from this year (and similarly for 2 years)

By trade charts you are sending 850 for this year, 380 next year, 170 the following. So ~1400 points of value. i.e. around the value of the 8th overall pick this year

No reasonable team would trade a franchise QB for the 8th overall pick and a LB or CB like Smith or Johnson. That's not anywhere close to enough.

There are 20 other teams that might like to have them but will they spend the capitol to be the highest bidder.
                                If the price was only what you listed above, absolutely. That's a lowball offer.

With Russell Wilson he has stated he will only waive his no trade clause for 4 teams. Saints, Raiders, Bears, Cowboys. Saints can't get far enough under the salary cap. Cowboys just signed Dak Prescott, Raiders claim to love Carr and would not trade him plus assets for Wilson. That leaves the Bears.
                                You left out by far the most likely option, staying with the Seahawks.

Now I do not really think that the Bears will get either of them, but I didn't think they would get Khalil Mack either. Plus a fan can dream can't they?
                                You have to be more realistic when dealing with such a historic(ally bad at QB) franchise

Comment

Working...
                                X