Any Way to Contact ESPN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I called today and talked to the same rep to see if espn would expand max roster size from 40 to 50. They will not. So, I think we are gonna switch to fantrax. Chance, you said they are not perfect. Anyone want to add opinions on the site? We would basically be paying the $100 to allow our site to track our minors, so we didn't have to keep a separate spreadsheet for them. ESPN suits all of our other needs, so as long as Fantax can do everything espn can, plus has all first-year players and international players in their player pool and allows roster sizes of 50, it should work for us.
    More specifically:

The bad - I found their player entry if you do an offline draft or auction to be pretty kludgy. But it's functional. Same for some of the commish functionality - it's not completely logical, but once you figure it out, it works. I'd heard they had issues with FAAB, but don't have personal experience as none of my leagues use it.

The good - I'm in two leagues that have used Fantrax for five years, and the site has been crashed twice - once for about an hour, and once for the better part of a day. Compared to my experience in ESPN, which seemed to crash monthly (that's an exaggeration, but three times/season, easily), that's a plus. Once the commish makes your league settings, we've had no problems with pickups, position eligibility, or trades. The system doesn't have a lot of frills, but if it fits your league profile, it simply just works.

The "I don't know" - I don't use their site on my phone, so don't know how it looks. Never heard complaints from other managers on functionality.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
    X