Any Way to Contact ESPN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Way to Contact ESPN?

My league uses espn, cuz it is free and does the job for us, mostly. The one thing we really want is to be able to track the minors on the site rather than on a separate spreadsheet. Last year they finally added a bunch of minor leaguers, but not all of them. Since that time, the commish has emailed their customer care and called, but gotten zero responses on the issue of how they pick which players to include in the pool and if they will be adding more. This year again, they have most of the players in there and seem to be adding more, but still lots of guys not in there. Like Soderstrom is there, but Austin Wells is not. Pedro Leon is there but Christian Hernandez is not.

Does anyone know of any way to get in touch with anyone on the fantasy side at espn and get a response?

I haven't run a league on ESPN in a long time, but they used to have a chat feature with their fantasy staff. I found that best for any issues we needed help with. Everything else was email, and responses were sporadic at best. But we migrated over to Fantrax about five years ago, and while not perfect, still has been much better than ESPN.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Nevermind, I got ahold of someone who was helpful. I guess my commish didn't ask the right questions. It turns out, they take requests to add to the player pool. So, if you use espn and want a guy added, just call them and tell them. I will be looking out to see if they follow through. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I haven't run a league on ESPN in a long time, but they used to have a chat feature with their fantasy staff. I found that best for any issues we needed help with. Everything else was email, and responses were sporadic at best. But we migrated over to Fantrax about five years ago, and while not perfect, still has been much better than ESPN.
        Thanks Chance. I hear you on espn sucking, but they have added a lot the last couple of years, right when our league was gonna switch tooo Fantrax. See my note below--if they really will add everyone in our minors player pool, that will keep us on ESPN. I requested the additions of Austin Wells, Cristian Hernandez, Wilman Diaz, Norge Vera, and Manuel Beltre to the player pool. Time will tell if they get added, but I was assured they would honor all requests.

Comment

What's a minor leaguer?
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            What's a minor leaguer?
            Lol. You are missing out, amigo. Keeper leagues are fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Lol. You are missing out, amigo. Keeper leagues are fun.
              Actually, i am in a keeper league. But, our league with a limited bench, usually only rosters the top 5 or so minor league prospects. Wander Franco is one of my keepers. The rest will be major leaguers.

I was just poking fun at myself for not recognizing any of the names that you mentioned. I usually wait until after the season has started before i delve into all of the minor league prospects who have a chance at getting called up.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Actually, i am in a keeper league. But, our league with a limited bench, usually only rosters the top 5 or so minor league prospects. Wander Franco is one of my keepers. The rest will be major leaguers.

I was just poking fun at myself for not recognizing any of the names that you mentioned. I usually wait until after the season has started before i delve into all of the minor league prospects who have a chance at getting called up.
                Then you are missing out on not doing a keeper league where you get to roster more minor leaguers. It is fun to have a deep minors and either build your team from your farm, or use them to trade for vets.

Comment

Then you are missing out on not doing a keeper league where you get to roster more minor leaguers. It is fun to have a deep minors and either build your team from your farm, or use them to trade for vets.
                  With a well stocked free agent pool and $1 salaries for undrafted players, we still get to experience the "joy" of dump trades between contenders and rebuilders. Everyone in our league seems to like the current system.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

With a well stocked free agent pool and $1 salaries for undrafted players, we still get to experience the "joy" of dump trades between contenders and rebuilders. Everyone in our league seems to like the current system.
                    Yeah, baseball is awesome. No matter how we play it, I hope we can all agree that it is better than football and we need to spread the message . FF is comically bigger than FB--unacceptable!

Comment

Yeah, baseball is awesome. No matter how we play it, I hope we can all agree that it is better than football and we need to spread the message . FF is comically bigger than FB--unacceptable!
                      I think that fantasy football has a greater appeal to the casual fan because you can get away with only spending 10 minutes a week managing your team and still be successful. If you try that in fantasy baseball, your team will get buried quickly.
                      Last edited by madducks; 02-18-2021, 12:25 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I think that fantasy football has a greater appeal to the casual fan because you can get away with only spending 10 minutes a week managing your team and still be successful. If you try that in fantasy baseball, your team will get buried quickly.
                        Yeah, that is why I like it more. Less luck based, more skill, more fun. But you are right, foosball definitely lends itself better to casual play.

Comment

The commish of my AL-only auction league agrees with you. About ten years ago, we lost two owners at the same time and had trouble replacing them - he got a lot of feedback that the auction league was intimidating. So he started a more basic, 12-team conventional 5x5 redraft league in addition to the auction league. I've joked with him that's the gateway drug they take before deciding to mainline fantasy baseball.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            The commish of my AL-only auction league agrees with you. About ten years ago, we lost two owners at the same time and had trouble replacing them - he got a lot of feedback that the auction league was intimidating. So he started a more basic, 12-team conventional 5x5 redraft league in addition to the auction league. I've joked with him that's the gateway drug they take before deciding to mainline fantasy baseball.
                            Over the years, we've had several guys who said that they definitely wanted to join our league but then quickly changed their mind when they found out it was an auction draft.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I called today and talked to the same rep to see if espn would expand max roster size from 40 to 50. They will not. So, I think we are gonna switch to fantrax. Chance, you said they are not perfect. Anyone want to add opinions on the site? We would basically be paying the $100 to allow our site to track our minors, so we didn't have to keep a separate spreadsheet for them. ESPN suits all of our other needs, so as long as Fantax can do everything espn can, plus has all first-year players and international players in their player pool and allows roster sizes of 50, it should work for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X