OMG - He Didn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I just picked. The league had issues associated with managers in Texas having no power.

Believe it or not, 15 picks in, Jose Altuve (ADP #89) was still on the board.

With eight of the ADP top 100 in the starting queue, I get one of them at #15, and it's a needed position. Brandon Lowe is eligible at 1B, 2B, OF, MI, CI and Util. I have two picks, in rounds 8 and 9. I hope that one will be a SS of some description, but BPA most likely. Below is the revised lineup.

Are there any players outside the top 200, who are decent shot at making the top 80 next year? For example, McKensie Gore's owner got tired of waiting. Senzel, Benintendi, Berti, Lux, McMahan are all in the pool, not to mention some retreads. I have to wait 30 picks to find out.
    Gore is likely to be a top 200 guy next year. He'll get a little exposure this year and probably be looking at a rotation spot next year.

I would bet on Lux too, but I love the guy more than maybe I should.

Any TJ returners or other injured guys you could get late? Maybe Severino? Guessing not Thor or Sale.

Maybe a real late flier on Forrest Whitley. Just a hunch.

Comment

Actually, Thor and Sale are both there. Thor is too much of a gamble for what amounts to a early mid round pick, but Sale would make sense. Kluber too, but I doubt he lasts. Among SP, I had been thinking more in terms of Heaney or Kwang Hyun Kim, but recovering stars makes sense too. Is there anyone who should be ready by May?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

None are right now listed for May, but Sale has the best odds of being early. Severino is on schedule for late June.

But, dang, if you can get Lux, grab him.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

This is fun. From Pitcher List 5x5 Top 300

73 Hyun Jin Ryu (TOR - SP) P 82 +9
          74 Jose Altuve (HOU - 2B) H 84 +10
          75 Charlie Morton (ATL - SP) P 113 +38

These are my first three picks in our draft. I traded my first pick for Ryu, I drafted Altuve with the second, and used the third pick on Morton's option.

Concerning Lux, see again 30 picks.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

A few stats, in case anyone is interested.

Prior to draft
            Keepers - 48
            Options used - 169
            Total - 217
            Available in the top 100 - 9
            Available in the top 150 - 18
            Players kept with ADP over 200 - 74
            Highest ADP kept - Nolan Gorman #914

Now
            Total players off board - 259
            No Players remaining from ADP top 100 - Last taken Charlie Blackmon #97
            No players remaining of top 150 - Last taken Tommy Pham #126
            Players remaining of top 200 - 11

Gavin Lux default rank - #229
            Players above Lux on board - 23
            Picks to wait - 13
            I suppose it's possible.

Sale is now gone.
            Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-25-2021, 11:00 AM.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

With my last one-year pick, I took Eduardo Escobar. In Yahoo he's 2B, 3B, CI, MI, Util. He's flexible and he's in a good situation.

I am now 12 picks until my first option round pick. Sale is already off the board, but Severino, and Thor are available. I also have Hope-He-Finally-Gets-It prospects like Forrest Whitley and Maybe-This-Year like Heaney. The point is all or nothing. If they are not top 50, they become just a rental.

It's a lot easier to find pitchers, but I have a nice rotation. I am looking at Lux, Pache, Benintendi, Senzel. Which other post-hype position players come to mind?

After that, I wait a week for 10 rounds to wind by.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I'd personally take Severino without hesitation if he's still available at your pick. I'd have no argument with Lux or Senzel if you prefer a young hitter.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  I'd personally take Severino without hesitation if he's still available at your pick. I'd have no argument with Lux or Senzel if you prefer a young hitter.
                  Now four picks to wait. It's looking possible.

It's possible I can get Severino and/or Thor in the late rounds. This is going to be my only chance at Lux. Senzel is the fall back.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

26 Feb
                    I got Lux

Total players off board - 280
                    Bassett and Mahle have been taken, so all of the four in OPare gone, and all at least two rounds ahead of their option slot. His longshots all paid, but he threw the ticket away.
                    If Urquidy was available, I would have strongly considered him over Lux.
                    Total top 200 remaining - Richard Rodriguez, Andrew McCutchen.

After this pick I go in the tank for a few days.
                    Players off board by then - 341
                    Estimated top 300 ADP remaining - 15

When I next pick, it will be about the point of the draft where the roster filling and prospecting reach 50/50. I am going to need some everyday bats from the over-300 crowd--SS, an OF, another IF and util are all still empty.

Weekends are like watching grass grow. Still over 50 picks out. If they stick to the ADP, that should leave me right around Nate Lowe. Lowe and Lowe sounds lie a car dealership doesn't it?

J

28 Feb
                    This part of the draft is like watching paint dry.
                    292 players off the board
                    54 have ADP over #300
                    Highest player remaining--Drew Smiley
                    SS in the next 50 on the ADP list - Amed Rosario

2 Mar
                    300th player off board is Matt Boyd, right at his ADP.
                    Highest player left Mitch Garver
                    Highest pitcher left Drew Smyly
                    First off-ADP player Mike Clevinger - deadweight this year, but options for 2022 and 2023. He also picked Verlander #861.

3 Mar
                    We finally hit 100 players drafted. Oi.
                    Finally under 30 picks to wait.
                    Amed Rosario is sliding, now #6 on my ADP remaining. That's nice, since I have my eye on Willie Adames.
                    C and RP are stacking up, but so are established SP3 and SP4.

4 Mar
                    More picks made on Wednesday than the previous five days combined. Amed Rosario and Willy Adames are both still on the board. The plan is to get one if possible.
                    Thor went in round #17, ie cheap options in 2022 and 2023. Severino still on the board.
                    Round #17 is the round I gave up for Luis Robert
                    330 off board. Now 12th up.
                    Currently 24 players with ADP under 300. 12 are either C or RP.
                    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-04-2021, 10:38 AM.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                    X