Who’s Your School’s Most Famous Alumni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    When I saw that you went to high school in Omaha my first thought was Connor Oberst. I used to know a few guys who lived in Boston that went to high school with him.
    He's four years younger so I don't think we overlapped.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I don't know any famous people from my high school, but my mother-in-law graduated from high school with Mitch McConnell, and in fact, she says they always sat next to each other in class because their last names were back-to-back in the alphabet.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

went to high school with Keanu Reaves, I heard he made a movie or two
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

From 7th to 12th grade, I went to a small independent school that was all-girls until 1972. The alum who would be best known to people our age is Rob Armstrong, creator of the comic strip Jump Start. People who might be known to younger folk include actor David Corenswet, producer Marshmello (Christopher Comstock), singer Gavin Becker and author Jessica Knoll.

For college I went to Princeton, so there's a long list. The top of that list would include James Madison, Woodrow Wilson, Michelle Obama, Brooke Shields, Sonia Sotomayor, Samuel Alito, Elena Kagan, Jeff Bezos, Malcolm Forbes, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Eugene O'Neill, Bill Bradley, Ethan Coen, Jimmy Stewart and David Duchovny. My most famous classmates (1993) are actor Mark Feuerstein and American Ninja Warrior host Matt Iseman. The most famous person who was there when I was is probably Ted Cruz (1992).
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I went to high school in Belleville, Ontario, home of the OHL's Belleville Bulls. All the Bulls went to my high school, Quinte Secondary School. The most decorated was Darren McCarty who won 4 Cups with the Red Wings (and whom I once was on stage with during a skit).

Now, I teach high school math and until a couple years ago the CCHL's Carleton Place Canadians attended. I taught Brett Murray who was drafted by the Sabres a few years ago. This conversation happened: "Mr. L, I didn't get my project done because I was in Buffalo for the draft all weekend". I accepted it late.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

HS - Nobody of note

John Carroll University - Don Shula, Eric Carmen, Tim Russert, London Fletcher. Lately a factory of NFL exec's via the Patriots. David Caldwell, Nick Caserio, Josh McDaniels, Chris Polian.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                High School
                Grant Hill went to South Lakes.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  I think she’s still performing. Joanna Angel. She’s listed on the notable alumni of our High school Wikipedia. Also had NBA/ABA player Billy Paultz
                  I almost googled this from my work computer before I remembered what the question was.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    I almost googled this from my work computer before I remembered what the question was.
                    Glad it was almost!

I work for a company called WEG. Years ago I wanted to go on their web site and accidently typed in WET and hit enter. They non work related images kept popping up faster than I could delete them. Hilarity ensued. I am pretty sure the images were against company policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Glad it was almost!

I work for a company called WEG. Years ago I wanted to go on their web site and accidently typed in WET and hit enter. They non work related images kept popping up faster than I could delete them. Hilarity ensued. I am pretty sure the images were against company policy.
                      Back in the old Moonlight J thread, I wanted a picture of Dibble, Charlton, and Myers for something, I googled Nasty Boys from my work computer... umm... NSFW.

Comment

Frederick HS - Chuck Foreman, NFL running back
                        Howard Univ - Kamala Harris, VP of USA
                        - Phylicia Rashad, actress
                        - Debbie Allen, dancer and actress
                        - Geri Allen, jazz pianist
                        probably many more that I dont know about or have forgotten

Comment

I went to elementary school with Vera Farmiga. Don't know anyone else famous from HS or college.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                            I went to elementary school with Vera Farmiga. Don't know anyone else famous from HS or college.
                            My best friend from elementary school is now married to Megyn Kelly. Dunno if that counts for anything.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I went to grade school with Billy Bob Thornton.
                              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                                I went to grade school with Billy Bob Thornton.
                                Loved the way he played his character in the first Fargo season.

Comment

Working...
                                X