Mark Cuban & the Dallas Mavericks pull the plug on the national anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Who makes the best cheesesteaks? I thought sonny's were great.

They could have been a bit more rude, or yelled at me. But I enjoyed the sandwich regardless
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I watch quite a bit of EPL and I know they don't do it.

I agree that it makes sense in international matches. Otherwise I don't really see the point.
      Yeah, but you have to factor in that every other country has a stupid national anthem. Ours, on the other hand, is awesome. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Yeah, but you have to factor in that every other country has a stupid national anthem. Ours, on the other hand, is awesome. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
        In one of my elementary schools, we took our patriotism to the NEXT Level. Not only did we say the pledge ever day, and sing the national anthem on occasion, but we also would sing Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA.

But the real kicker, and this is 100% true, and the lyrics will be with me until the day my mind drifts away like Dobie Gray, our school song was set to Greenwood's music. Only the lyrics were changed.

Instead of "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free" it started "I'm proud to be a Cougar Cub, where at least I know I'll learn..." It was actually a pretty impressive rewrite. We had to all learn and and sing it at assembly. I don't remember learning math or reading or anything else in 4th grade, but I remember having to learn that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          In one of my elementary schools, we took our patriotism to the NEXT Level. Not only did we say the pledge ever day, and sing the national anthem on occasion, but we also would sing Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA.

But the real kicker, and this is 100% true, and the lyrics will be with me until the day my mind drifts away like Dobie Gray, our school song was set to Greenwood's music. Only the lyrics were changed.

Instead of "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free" it started "I'm proud to be a Cougar Cub, where at least I know I'll learn..." It was actually a pretty impressive rewrite. We had to all learn and and sing it at assembly. I don't remember learning math or reading or anything else in 4th grade, but I remember having to learn that.
          And since I live in America, I can buy grades I don't earn......
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            And since I live in America, I can buy grades I don't earn......
            Did you go there too?! It was there not so subtle way of trying to get students' parents to pony up.

Comment

I still remember a second grade assembly where this dude in a body suit was singing about internal organs.

Up and down, here I am.
              Up and down, I'm your diaphragm.

That was not our school song, though.

Comment

I still remember a second grade assembly where this dude in a body suit was singing about internal organs.

Up and down, here I am.
                Up and down, I'm your diaphragm.

That was not our school song, though.
                But why not?

Comment

But why not?
                  I wasn’t in the administration - I couldn’t tell you.

I also remember graduation from elementary school where we had to sing:

Here at OPS
                  We had our fun
                  But now those good old days are done

Which now that I type it out is really fucking depressing. Is fun over once you hit 7th grade?

Comment

I wasn’t in the administration - I couldn’t tell you.

I also remember graduation from elementary school where we had to sing:

Here at OPS
                    We had our fun
                    But now those good old days are done

Which now that I type it out is really fucking depressing. Is fun over once you hit 7th grade?
                    Only if you peaked.

Comment

I wasn’t in the administration
                      But why not?

Comment

But why not?
                        Oh Steve 2.0, our resident schtickmaster, how do we feel about Ken’s new shtick?

Comment

Oh Steve 2.0, our resident schtickmaster, how do we feel about Ken’s new shtick?
                          Steve 2.0 says Steve 2.0 don't care.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Gregg, if you post one more good video, I'm gonna post Roseanne Barr's. Don't make me do it!

Comment

Gregg, if you post one more good video, I'm gonna post Roseanne Barr's. Don't make me do it!
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X