2021 NFL Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    Ken's salad dressing is super salty today.
    Unbearably ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Unbearably ?
      I dunno. With the election over, we could use a little saltiness around these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        I dunno. With the election over, we could use a little saltiness around these parts.
        Meh, the Doctor told me that I need to cut back on salt...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Here's a hint Gregg - I was originally just giving you a hard time, but the next time you want to start a post with "Ah, you are one of those" in a negative context, just send me a PM instead maybe.

The reality is that for most NFL fans, all the teams are historic at this point. Every fanbase, outside of a few of the more recent expansions have generations of support at this point. They are all historic. This isn't the XFL.

Suggesting that things are different for the Bears because they are historic comes across as a smug fan who has no context of the current NFL where every franchise is well established.
          I wouldn't pm you because I was just funnin you back. I thought you knew that.

Our history is absolutely more historyie than any but the original five. I did not suggest that things should be different for the Bears I declared it!

I AM A BEARS HOMER. I do not care if anyone thinks I am smug. They would be wrong. Have you watched the Bears we have nothing to be smug about. But that 85 team, boy that was a honey. If they never win another Super Bowl at least we have that. How about them Bears! Huh. Oh that was fun.

All kidding aside Ken, While I enjoy my Bears and can even get emotional, it is just a game. There are many many things in life that are more important.

I was just funnin and meant no true offense to you. Actually thought you would find my comment funny.

Comment

The Bears are *the* most historic of NFL franchises, I'd argue - maybe the Packers, but the Bears were the very first NFL team, weren't they? And my dynasty team hopes fervently that Carson Wentz will rise to become the next Sid Luckman!
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I wouldn't pm you because I was just funnin you back. I thought you knew that.

Our history is absolutely more historyie than any but the original five. I did not suggest that things should be different for the Bears I declared it!

I AM A BEARS HOMER. I do not care if anyone thinks I am smug. They would be wrong. Have you watched the Bears we have nothing to be smug about. But that 85 team, boy that was a honey. If they never win another Super Bowl at least we have that. How about them Bears! Huh. Oh that was fun.

All kidding aside Ken, While I enjoy my Bears and can even get emotional, it is just a game. There are many many things in life that are more important.

I was just funnin and meant no true offense to you. Actually thought you would find my comment funny.
              I misread your tone, my fault

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                The Bears are *the* most historic of NFL franchises, I'd argue - maybe the Packers, but the Bears were the very first NFL team, weren't they?
                Heresy! A Green and Gold stake burning!

And my dynasty team hopes fervently that Carson Wentz will rise to become the next Sid Luckman!
                Um...well....
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Actually, the oldest team in the NFL is...the Cardinals. look it up, I know I had to.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Actually, the oldest team in the NFL is...the Cardinals. look it up, I know I had to.
                    So, that means that the Cardinals are more historic than the Bears. Wow!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      So, that means that the Cardinals are more historic than the Bears. Wow!

Considering they only have 1 superbowl win, about half the league is more historic than the Bears actually.

Comment

Texans release JJ Watt

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Texans release JJ Watt
                          He's probably overjoyed to escape the Texans. Sports radio in Green Bay is already foaming at the mouth for the Packers to go sign him.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey and Chargers C Mike Pouncey have both retired at 31 years old.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Urban Meyer is already off to a great start in Jacksonville. He hired controversial strength coach Chris Doyle, who was fired from University of Iowa last year for alleged racist behavior towards black players, and he lasted all of one day before the predictable uproar became too much and resigned.

How could Meyer think this would have gone over well -- giving a white coach with a racist history a second chance -- after an off-season where well-qualified blacks were passed over for most of the open head coaching jobs?

Comment

Working...
                              X