Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Deshaun Watson

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32,414

    Deshaun Watson

    What is too much to pay for Watson?

    Do you want your team to go all in (whatever that means) to get him?

    As a Bears fan I do. I am not sure we have enough to actually beat out the Jets or Miami...unless they are not willing to overpay.

  2. #2
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    24,559
    Well, based on the Stafford deal, it will take 3 1sts and a good player, or a couple of 2nds.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32,414
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Well, based on the Stafford deal, it will take 3 1sts and a good player, or a couple of 2nds.
    Would you want your team to invest that kind of capitol for him?

  4. #4
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    24,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Would you want your team to invest that kind of capitol for him?
    Nope. But then again, I thought the Stafford deal was nuts too.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32,414
    Bears listed as 9th best odds to land Watson.

    Top three:

    Jets (+300) and Dolphins (+350), with the New England Patriots (+900) a distant third.

  6. #6
    MVP Hornsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of Darkness
    Posts
    10,432
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Well, based on the Stafford deal, it will take 3 1sts and a good player, or a couple of 2nds.
    A good part of that was the Rams paying the Lions to take the Goff contract. That won't be the case with Watson, so the return may not be quite that high. I can see a stud player, a 1st (high) and a slew or 2nds and 3rds.

    I still like the odds of Miami getting it done...although the Jets have the motivation.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

    "Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32,414
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Nope. But then again, I thought the Stafford deal was nuts too.
    It was. I would pay a lot more for Deshaun than Stafford.

    I think the Bears should do what it takes to get the Watson deal done. They/we have not had a great quarterback for a long long time. This is the age of QB's. They are more protected than ever before. It is time to get one.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32,414
    No Jets, Dolphins, or Jag fans?!

  9. #9
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    24,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    A good part of that was the Rams paying the Lions to take the Goff contract. That won't be the case with Watson, so the return may not be quite that high. I can see a stud player, a 1st (high) and a slew or 2nds and 3rds.

    I still like the odds of Miami getting it done...although the Jets have the motivation.
    Why? They actually have similar contracts. Watson is still owed at least $112 million (and as much as $147m) for 4 years. Goff is owed about $105m for 4 years. Granted, one of them is great and the other isn't, but the money owed is the same.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    It was. I would pay a lot more for Deshaun than Stafford.

    I think the Bears should do what it takes to get the Watson deal done. They/we have not had a great quarterback for a long long time. This is the age of QB's. They are more protected than ever before. It is time to get one.
    Agreed. Watson FAR surpasses Stafford, all things considered. A 25 year old with Watson's talent is so rarely even available on the market. He is deserving of a massive, Herschel Walker-esque deal that eclipses Stafford's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •