Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deshaun Watson

What is too much to pay for Watson?

Do you want your team to go all in (whatever that means) to get him?

As a Bears fan I do. I am not sure we have enough to actually beat out the Jets or Miami...unless they are not willing to overpay.

Well, based on the Stafford deal, it will take 3 1sts and a good player, or a couple of 2nds.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Well, based on the Stafford deal, it will take 3 1sts and a good player, or a couple of 2nds.
      Would you want your team to invest that kind of capitol for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Would you want your team to invest that kind of capitol for him?
        Nope. But then again, I thought the Stafford deal was nuts too.

Comment

Bears listed as 9th best odds to land Watson.

Top three:

Jets (+300) and Dolphins (+350), with the New England Patriots (+900) a distant third.

Comment

A good part of that was the Rams paying the Lions to take the Goff contract. That won't be the case with Watson, so the return may not be quite that high. I can see a stud player, a 1st (high) and a slew or 2nds and 3rds.

I still like the odds of Miami getting it done...although the Jets have the motivation.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Nope. But then again, I thought the Stafford deal was nuts too.
              It was. I would pay a lot more for Deshaun than Stafford.

I think the Bears should do what it takes to get the Watson deal done. They/we have not had a great quarterback for a long long time. This is the age of QB's. They are more protected than ever before. It is time to get one.

Comment

No Jets, Dolphins, or Jag fans?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  A good part of that was the Rams paying the Lions to take the Goff contract. That won't be the case with Watson, so the return may not be quite that high. I can see a stud player, a 1st (high) and a slew or 2nds and 3rds.

I still like the odds of Miami getting it done...although the Jets have the motivation.
                  Why? They actually have similar contracts. Watson is still owed at least $112 million (and as much as $147m) for 4 years. Goff is owed about $105m for 4 years. Granted, one of them is great and the other isn't, but the money owed is the same.

Comment

I think the Bears should do what it takes to get the Watson deal done. They/we have not had a great quarterback for a long long time. This is the age of QB's. They are more protected than ever before. It is time to get one.
                    Agreed. Watson FAR surpasses Stafford, all things considered. A 25 year old with Watson's talent is so rarely even available on the market. He is deserving of a massive, Herschel Walker-esque deal that eclipses Stafford's.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Agreed. Watson FAR surpasses Stafford, all things considered. A 25 year old with Watson's talent is so rarely even available on the market. He is deserving of a massive, Herschel Walker-esque deal that eclipses Stafford's.
                      He is. However, since it's the Texans, I'm betting they'll find some way to totally hose it up.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I would like them to go all in on Watson but I think they end up paying a bit too much for Derek Carr.

Comment

Why? They actually have similar contracts. Watson is still owed at least $112 million (and as much as $147m) for 4 years. Goff is owed about $105m for 4 years. Granted, one of them is great and the other isn't, but the money owed is the same.
                          You said it...tons of money for a great player is worth it, tons of money for a mediocre player isn't. Teams will be happy to pay Watson...nobody wanted to take on Goff's deal. The return may be the same in the end, but the Texans may have to take less than they think is the kings ransom they deserve.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            You said it...tons of money for a great player is worth it, tons of money for a mediocre player isn't. Teams will be happy to pay Watson...nobody wanted to take on Goff's deal. The return may be the same in the end, but the Texans may have to take less than they think is the kings ransom they deserve.
                            If the Texans have to take less than what they hope for, the Bears should absolutely end up with him. Because they better be prepared to overpay. This has historical ramifications in the scope of the Bears franchise.

Comment

This has historical ramifications in the scope of the Bears franchise.
                              What does that mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X