No announcement yet.

Deshaun Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins will not trade for disgruntled Texans QB Deshaun Watson.

Advice: Miami reportedly "did due diligence" on Watson, so much so that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross received permission to speak with the disgruntled quarterback Monday night, but Houston refused to budge on their asking price — "at least three first-round draft picks, two second-round draft picks, and perhaps more" — after catching wind that Watson was trying to settle his 22 civil lawsuits in order to join another organization. Watson is thus expected to stay put with the Texans as a $10.54 million healthy scratch this year. This situation is expected to be revisited in the offseason as Watson has only agreed to waive his no-trade clause for Miami.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Washington Post's Mark Maske reports the NFL "will argue that Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson should receive a 'significant' suspension for violating the league’s personal conduct policy."

Maske added that a person on Watson’s side of the case said the league will "probably" seek a full-season suspension. A source of Maske's from the NFL side of this issue cautioned him on guessing the exact length of a suspension. The count of women filing suits against Watson is now at 24 with another pair of suits potentially on the way. The increasing number is adding further stress on the league to take serious action against the quarterback. Maske also noted that the league wants to have the disciplinary process and resulting appeals completed by the start of training camp. For the Browns, that date is July 27th.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I think we're looking at a minimum of 10 games, with the entire season a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          I think we're looking at a minimum of 10 games, with the entire season a possibility.
          Annnnndddd.....it's just 6 games

Calvin Ridley was suspended 17 games for playing FanDuel

Comment

NFL appealing the 6gm suspension, and in typical NFL fashion, Roger Goodell can appoint another arbitrator, or simply name himself as the guy. And this process can last until October.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              NFL appealing the 6gm suspension, and in typical NFL fashion, Roger Goodell can appoint another arbitrator, or simply name himself as the guy. And this process can last until October.
              In this case I hope it last until October, during which he's unable to play, and then he gets a 12 game suspension and a big fine

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                In this case I hope it last until October, during which he's unable to play, and then he gets a 12 game suspension and a big fine
                I suspect this is how it will play out

Comment

we were close -- 11 games, $5m fine. Play ball.

Comment

Working...
                  X