Rotojunkies NFBC Draft Championship League #1 Picks And Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    Whaddaya mean, I've totally got the Royals 2B job covered between Alberto and Nicky Lopez. Championship!!!
    Pfft, I got Dee Gordon (strangely) for my minor league contract 2B. SB title is in the bag. Tried to pick Scott Podsednik but couldn't spell his last name.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Really great draft, everyone. We really flew through this thing. Other than JC strategically timing out at 2AM every night, very few timeouts in the entire draft. Best one I've done time-wise in a long while.
      Hey now! I did set myself to auto a couple times. It is just difficult to plan 4 or 5 picks ahead when I'm going to bed. The 2am timeout is kind of rough for east coast people. Which is compounded by having a west coast person after me, so if I pick at 645am then they are going to time out too.

Comment

• Really confident that Ronnie Dawson just sealed my win. More importantly, I finally got a UT! Eat it suckers!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Hey now! I did set myself to auto a couple times. It is just difficult to plan 4 or 5 picks ahead when I'm going to bed. The 2am timeout is kind of rough for east coast people. Which is compounded by having a west coast person after me, so if I pick at 645am then they are going to time out too.
          I was just joshin'! It wasn't even an issue at all.

We really did a great job of moving this thing along. After Revo broke our cherry with a timeout in round 1, I thought we were headed for a far more frustrating draft than we actually ended up having.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Really confident that Ronnie Dawson just sealed my win. More importantly, I finally got a UT! Eat it suckers!
            you got the blond bomber? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Dawson_(musician)

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Really confident that Ronnie Dawson just sealed my win. More importantly, I finally got a UT! Eat it suckers!
              He was really great in Clerks 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Why is a guy like Chas McCormick UT? He's never played MLB and he played 97 games in the OF in 2019 while in the minors.
                Revisiting this one since it was lost in the shuffle - is this something I should take up with nfbc help?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Revisiting this one since it was lost in the shuffle - is this something I should take up with nfbc help?
                  Should definitely be OF and not UT.

Comment

Looks like Harold Ramirez is mistakenly UT only as well.
                    "If a player did not appear in 7 games at any position, he qualifies at the one position he played most frequently the prior season in the majors."

That's what should apply to him, since he only appeared in 3 games.

Comment

nfbc support in the chat says he's fixed, although it wont change on our draft page (which is fine)

Comment

• Gotta really thank Todd for coming up with the idea and setting it all up, as well as Tom and Greg. It was a lot of fun, and very helpful blowing the dust off of my player knowledge. Kudos gentlemen!
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Is it possible to see a spreadsheet of the draft?

Comment

• I still think Lucky drafted the best team

Comment

I still think Lucky drafted the best team
                              I honestly have no sound opinions on who had the best draft. But, I will say that Doig by far took the most players that I was considering.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I still think Lucky drafted the best team
                                My spreadsheet has Lucky comfortably ahead. And me in about 8th, which is definitely not where you want to be on your own tracking sheet.

Comment

Working...
                                X