Rotojunkies NFBC Draft Championship League #1 Picks And Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Well, I went for pick 4 specifically to get Soto so.... why wouldn’t I pick him??

ADP also has Trout 6th not 5
    I'm just a rebel.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      Is everyone autodrafting? Strange that the first seven picks have followed the ADP. Boring!

Let me guess who Franco picks: Degrom.
      Not exactly. Pick 5 was the 6th rated player, and I selected the 5th rated player with pick 6. How is that for excitement. If I had selected 5th I also would have taken Trout.

Comment

I almost went with DeGrom, but decided to take the bat.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You know, I actually like the 12 spot more than at first glance. I'm okay with any of four picks still on the board so I'll get at least one I like.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I had no idea which pick to want. I finally decided that I don't like seeing everyone I wanted being taken ahead of me when I was near one of the turns, so I prioritized something in the middle. Eight was my pick of choice. Got 6.

Comment

i prefer to be 2-3 picks off the turn. wanted to be at the back end to see how it turns out for my first draft. 13 was actually my second priority

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                i prefer to be 2-3 picks off the turn. wanted to be at the back end to see how it turns out for my first draft. 13 was actually my second priority
                I thought about doing that, too, since I assumed few would want to pick at the end.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Got sniped on Ramirez at #10, so I took Yelich hoping for a bounce-back. Honestly, he would have prorated to 36 homers and 12 steals last year, so if his average comes back to the .280 range, he should be a monster in all cats again.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Got sniped on Ramirez at #10, so I took Yelich hoping for a bounce-back. Honestly, he would have prorated to 36 homers and 12 steals last year, so if his average comes back to the .280 range, he should be a monster in all cats again.
                    i'd rather have yelich than ramirez anyway tbh

Comment

I said I had four guys to choose from and then I picked another guy who wasn't part of that four. Was definitely looking at Yelich there.

Comment

I almost took Yelich at 6.

Comment

Makes me a little happier...thanks gents.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

ok who are the teams picking 8th, 10th, 14th, 15th?

bucky
                            joncarlos
                            whalewang
                            dmt

I don't know which of you is which from the nfbc names

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              ok who are the teams picking 8th, 10th, 14th, 15th?

bucky
                              joncarlos
                              whalewang
                              dmt

I don't know which of you is which from the nfbc names
                              I took Ramirez 10th.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                I took Ramirez 10th.
                                thanks I figured out the rest from context clues.

Comment

Working...
                                X