RJ NFBC entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ NFBC entry

Are we doing a RJ team this year where we work together? Historically our teams have not performed well, but it's good for prep.

Yes, but I dont want to draft yet.

The free RJ league will be good prep and then I will buy the 3-pack and use one for all of us like before...if that's OK

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Yes, but I dont want to draft yet.

The free RJ league will be good prep and then I will buy the 3-pack and use one for all of us like before...if that's OK
      sure, let me know when. I'm in.

Comment

OK...Ive already purchased the 3 pack. I will circle back here to recruit, but last year's group was pretty great. Im sure the slack channel still exists too so we can hash stuff out.

Comment

I would be glad to participate in this if you have room.

Comment

Sure...new blood is great too!

Just to outline it further:
            Last year, we split the team 6 ways: Myself, Ken, revo, kldub4life, DMT and Frae (we were all added as co-managers, except DMT because he is in Arizona).
            I already purchased the TBD team, so you would venmo me your share of the 150.

We only ask that:
            1. you follow along on the slack channel and be very vocal about who you want to pick during the draft (this is the most valuable part. Arguing for and against picks and lineup construction makes for the best draft prep I've ever had).
            2. you take an active role in lineup decisions post-draft

So far, Ken is in with me. I plan to get into a 4-hour in 2-3 weeks. We want to draft early (just not TOO early) so this serves as true draft prep for future leagues. I want to give the vets a chance to get in, but if you are down Hook, it would be awesome to have new perspectives.

Comment

Yea we had some great discussions last year, count me in.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Hey remember a couple years ago when I said we should wait on catcher because we can just pick IKF?

Give me a break, the sentiment was right I was just a year too early on that one.

Comment

Sure...new blood is great too!

Just to outline it further:
                  Last year, we split the team 6 ways: Myself, Ken, revo, kldub4life, DMT and Frae (we were all added as co-managers, except DMT because he is in Arizona).
                  I already purchased the TBD team, so you would venmo me your share of the 150.

We only ask that:
                  1. you follow along on the slack channel and be very vocal about who you want to pick during the draft (this is the most valuable part. Arguing for and against picks and lineup construction makes for the best draft prep I've ever had).
                  2. you take an active role in lineup decisions post-draft

So far, Ken is in with me. I plan to get into a 4-hour in 2-3 weeks. We want to draft early (just not TOO early) so this serves as true draft prep for future leagues. I want to give the vets a chance to get in, but if you are down Hook, it would be awesome to have new perspectives.
                  I am IN - if some of you want to see some additional draft commentary, Todd and I have done two leagues JBL and PBY with comments that are posted at Mastersball

Comment

As an update, so far we have myself, Ken, Captain Hook, DMT and revo. Got a spot for one more. Read the descriptions above in this thread. If you want to play and you will be active, give me a buzz and I will add you to the slack discussion channel.

Probably want to start in about 2 weeks, once all the big remaining free agents have a team at least.

Comment

This is absolutely fascinating. I am not saying that there is any correlation between $$ spent and correct choices, but the more I analyze, the more I am buying that the 2 SP probably return the most on investment in DC leagues. Also, both drafters took pocket aces in rd. 2 on the board below.

Feel free to discuss...also, we are still at five confirmed for this "team" league. Scroll up to read about it and let me know if you are serous and want a piece. Planning to get into a 4-hour DC league at the end of this month.

Comment

I'm interested if you can't find another.

Comment

I am not saying that there is any correlation between $$ spent and correct choices, but the more I analyze, the more I am buying that the 2 SP probably return the most on investment in DC leagues
                          What other analysis is going into this and how does it show a higher ROI on the pitchers? I'm skeptical but I'll certainly listen to the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            What other analysis is going into this and how does it show a higher ROI on the pitchers? I'm skeptical but I'll certainly listen to the idea!
                            First, I dont pretend to be the smartest guy in the room, and I tend to think that dudes who want to spend 1K on a team know more than me.

I think that this essentially comes down to the old scarcity concept, right? There are how many pitchers projected for 200 IP? Steamer says 2. Sure, Bieber or Bauer or 1 or 2 other guys can hit 200 IP with potentially the same quality as DeGrom Cole (which eliminates the German Maquez types), but taking DeGrom/Cole clearly puts you further ahead of the competition than if you took, say Mike Trout, especially when you are competing for an overall.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                              I'm interested if you can't find another.
                              We want people who are all-in for this...you dont sound sure....

Comment

Working...
                              X