Rotojunkies NFBC Draft Championship League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I thought you were trying to understand why Scherzer wasn't rated as highly as Verlander was in previous years? I believe his 1.38 whip in his 12 starts of 2020 is probably relevant to that.
    Regression is doing its thing on that small sample.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Regression is doing its thing on that small sample.
      Always great to use stats from 3 starts to prove that 12 starts is a small sample. That is all I will say and I don't plan to get in a discussion about. Have a great day
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Always great to use stats from 3 starts to prove that 12 starts is a small sample. That is all I will say and I don't plan to get in a discussion about. Have a great day
        Man, you get really angry really fast for no reason, geez. Take a chill pill, I was just noting that regression was doing it's thing.

Adding up the two "seasons" gives you a 1.23 WHIP, which looks a lot better than the 1.38 from the 1/3 of a season sample that meant almost nothing to me for a guy like Scherzer.

Gotta watch his HR rate, he's been lucky to only give up 5 ER on 4 HR.

Comment

Man, you get really angry really fast for no reason, geez. Take a chill pill, I was just noting that regression was doing it's thing.

Adding up the two "seasons" gives you a 1.23 WHIP, which looks a lot better than the 1.38 from the 1/3 of a season sample that meant almost nothing to me for a guy like Scherzer.

Gotta watch his HR rate, he's been lucky to only give up 5 ER on 4 HR.
          Really angry ? No. After seeing your other posts this morning it seems you were in a mood to argue. Maybe i was wrong. I will go take a chill pill
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Really angry ? No. After seeing your other posts this morning it seems you were in a mood to argue. Maybe i was wrong. I will go take a chill pill
            lol, ok how about passive aggressive instead?

If you have issue with other posts feel free to comment on those posts in the respective threads, I think they stand on their own weight, and if you have any kind of "mood" issue with me feel free to PM instead, no one really cares about my "mood", but if you have baseball to talk about here I'm interested... in fact I'm all in!

Comment

• I'm in third!
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                I'm in third!
                Impressive considering you just have the 1 catcher!

Comment

• My team clearly needs a new manager... none of my top 10 picks have really been outright disasters, even though some have not been great... and yet I'm in 7th.

deGrom, K Tucker, Albies, Vladito, E Diaz, Conforto, R Iglesias, Moustakas, Semien, P Lopez

Just like the real Mets, I am clearly wasting Jacob deGrom.

Comment

Impressive considering you just have the 1 catcher!
                    not that it would help, but Campusano doesn't qual at Ca--because--I guess his ONE game played last year was at DH--so once he's good to go--look out I'll shoot all the way to 5th! (hoping for a Varsho call up obviously)
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Final Order of Finish - JC & yours truly tie for 1st!

1 JCs Junkies 57.0 62.0 119.0 0.00 0
                      1 REVO 60.5 58.5 119.0 1.00 1

3 Gwynnuendo 55.0 51.0 106.0 -1.00 0
                      4 Griffey 41.0 55.0 96.0 0.00 0
                      5 Standish 36.0 57.0 93.0 0.00 0
                      6 PEINOVICH 60.0 32.5 92.5 0.00 0
                      7 ThatRogues Gallery 47.5 44.0 91.5 0.50 0
                      8 SHORT 56.5 31.0 87.5 1.00 0
                      9 MALFAIT 53.0 15.5 68.5 0.50 0
                      10 GREBER 36.0 29.5 65.5 -1.00 0
                      11 Pauly Walnuts 17.0 47.0 64.0 -1.00 0
                      12 WILLIAMS 33.0 29.0 62.0 0.00 0
                      13 whalewang - Rick Hoffman 23.0 26.0 49.0 0.00 0
                      14 LUX PIX 19.5 27.0 46.5 0.50 0
                      15 The Lupanar of Pompeii 5.0 35.0 40.0 -0.50 0

Comment

• So - do both revo and JC get sponsored, or is there a to-the-pain cage match that determines final sponsorship?
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          So - do both revo and JC get sponsored, or is there a to-the-pain cage match that determines final sponsorship?
                          LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe we just split a team.

Comment

• I was waiting for the overnight refresh to make things official - happy to sponsor the co-champions with their own team. Nice job.
                            Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Working...
                            X