No announcement yet.

Where is Trevor Bauer going to end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Trevor Bauer going to end up?

I know the market is slow, but it's odd that we aren't even seeing any rumors about the NL Cy Young winner. Part of that is the market, and part of that is Bauer's personality. (Love him or hate him or both, he's not a wallflower...)

The Mets got Carrasco and the Jays just spent their money on Springer ... though maybe they would still be in on Bauer after missing out on Brantley. The Yankees are trying to stay under the luxury tax and Bauer probably isn't interested in a really long contract that stretches out the yearly cap number. Now I'm seeing rumors that the Dodgers may get in on Bauer if his price drops. He may end up getting his 1-year deal because he HAS to, not because he WANTS to.

San Diego because they need more pitching.

NottheCubs because...well you know.

Comment

If I'm Jerry Reinsdorf, and I want to win a title before I die, I go get Trevor Bauer. And Nelson Cruz for two years.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

My guess is the Angels or Dodgers.

Comment

Yeah, I see that the Dodgers are sniffing around Bauer now that his market seems to have cooled...I still say the Angels would be great fit, if they could figure out how to stat Bauer every 4th day (which he prefers) and Ohtani every 6th day. That could be a fun ballclub if Albert fades into the background.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, what ARE the Angels doing? They signed Jose Quintana. That just adds to the overall 'meh' of their rotation (Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Quintana... Ohtani? Barria? Sandoval?) that could really use an another top-end arm. Will Arte spend the money?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Yeah, what ARE the Angels doing? They signed Jose Quintana. That just adds to the overall 'meh' of their rotation (Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Quintana... Ohtani? Barria? Sandoval?) that could really use an another top-end arm. Will Arte spend the money?
              He's already on the hook for 172 million this year, so a closer look says that he won't spend the money this season. However, the dead money of Albert Pujols comes off the books after this year, 30 million for grounding out a million times and hitting 20 homers. God, that was a bad contract...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree they need another top-end arm, but I can understand the Q signing. Only one year, and if he doesn't do dishes anymore, likely very reliable for a #4 SP. Given the health concerns historically with Heaney and Ohtani, having a meh, but reliable, arm makes decent sense to me.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  He's already on the hook for 172 million this year, so a closer look says that he won't spend the money this season. However, the dead money of Albert Pujols comes off the books after this year, 30 million for grounding out a million times and hitting 20 homers. God, that was a bad contract...
                  Yeah, and Bauer might not be the kind of guy to accept a 3 year, backloaded deal to help him out.

Comment

Yeah, and Bauer might not be the kind of guy to accept a 3 year, backloaded deal to help him out.
                    Joel Sherman suggested it might be the Twins (although certainly the Angels would fit as well) IF they proposed 4/100 but with opt outs after every year so that if Bauer had another great year this year or next then he could re-enter the market when the finances were better.

Comment

fwiw, the Jays are still $80M below the luxury tax threshold
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        San Diego because they need more pitching.

NottheCubs because...well you know.
                        Damn Padres hogging all the good pitchers lol. I think the Padres have to win a World Series before they officially qualify as an evil empire.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Damn Padres hogging all the good pitchers lol. I think the Padres have to win a World Series before they officially qualify as an evil empire.
                          I'd take that tradeoff..........
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It has to be the Angels. The new GM has said they "are close to winning". Well, if they don't get an ace and another quality arm then he's either not too smart or lying. Madden is the kind of quirky manager that will welcome and work well with him. Just put a "no drone" clause in, please.

Comment

Well, I guess it is not gonna be the Angels. I didn't realize the issues with Mickey Callaway went that deep.

Comment

Working...
                              X