Where is Trevor Bauer going to end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Well, they passed the moral code of a hedge fund manager. What more could you want?
    This gives a totally different meaning to the term--Short Squeeze.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      This gives a totally different meaning to the term--Short Squeeze.
      LOL...But I'm feeling sorry for ThatRogue.

EDIT TO ADD: And now Steve Cohen is opening his hedge fund, Point72, to new investors.
      Last edited by chancellor; 02-01-2021, 10:36 PM.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        I bet Callaway is gone by the weekend.

https://theathletic.com/2360126/2021...lewd-behavior/
        So, Trevor Bauer can definitely be annoying at some times, and he's done some misogynistic things on Twitter. But damn if the dude isn't right about people more often than you'd expect.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          LOL...But I'm feeling sorry for ThatRogue.

EDIT TO ADD: And now Steve Cohen is opening his hedge fund, Point72, to new investors.
          If Point72 doubled down on the short, or leveraged Put options when $GME was trading in the $350 - $450 range, then they've done alright. The stock is down another $120 today, to $105.

With that said, my Mets are still a mess! They started the offseason with speculation about FA signings like Springer, Bauer and/or Realmuto. That's evolved into signing Jose Martinez, Aaron Loup and James McCann. All are decent players, but the reality is somewhat less than the hype. And they had to fire the GM, had the owner get mixed up in the /r WallStreetBets fiasco, and having their former manager accused of lewd and inappropriate behavior.

I like the May signing and the Lindor/Carrasco trade, plus getting Lucchesi could prove solid...but this is disappointing considering where the excitement level had been in early December.
          2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Rumors are that the Mets are pulling into the lead in the Bauer sweepstakes. Hope the Mets' threshold for tolerating douchebaggery is a high one.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Rumors are that the Mets are pulling into the lead in the Bauer sweepstakes. Hope the Mets' threshold for tolerating douchebaggery is a high one.
              Sure...they had a GM that sent dick picks to a reporter and drove her out of the business. They had a manager who also sent "inappropriate" messages to females. Granted both are gone from the organization, but I'm pretty sure the Mets can tolerate Douchebaggery to a pretty high degree.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Happy to hear he's not a Dodger--this year.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Me too.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Sure...they had a GM that sent dick picks to a reporter and drove her out of the business. They had a manager who also sent "inappropriate" messages to females. Granted both are gone from the organization, but I'm pretty sure the Mets can tolerate Douchebaggery to a pretty high degree.
                    Lol, touche.

Comment

Don't be too sure.

Comment

Bob Nightengale reporting a deal with the Mets is done. Others disputing that claim, though.

Comment

Dodgers still supposedly in the mix.

C'mon Mets, pay the man whatever he wants!

Comment

In either NY or LA , somebody as outspoken as Bauer should provide some color.

Comment

Contrats to Bauer and his agent. They have taken advantage of being the best SP on the market this year and turned it into a contract where he is going to be way overpaid.
                              I think anything over 20m per season is a mistake, so I am extremely relieved that the Angels have passed on him.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                                Contrats to Bauer and his agent. They have taken advantage of being the best SP on the market this year and turned it into a contract where he is going to be way overpaid.
                                I think anything over 20m per season is a mistake, so I am extremely relieved that the Angels have passed on him.
                                20 mil per season would be a real bargain, by any measure, for Bauer, assuming he keeps cheating like he did last year (he all but tattooed on his forehead what he was doing). To his credit, he tried to avoid cheating for a long time, and pointed out that other pitchers, like his nemesis, Cole, also cheats in the same way, by using a foreign substance to increase spin rate. But MLB didn't seem to care, so he called his shot and started doing it too, and was dominant. Assuming they don't crack down on Bauer, and by extension lots of other top arms, anything under 150 mill for 5 years will be a bargain.

Comment

Working...
                                X