Most Useless Off-Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Useless Off-Season...

I'd have to vote for my Minnesota Twins...at least the Pirates made deals that might impact their future in a positive way. The Twin cut Eddie Rosario, lost Trevor May, Sergio Romo, Jake Odorizzi, Rich Hill and Tyler Clippard to free agency. They've signed Hansel Robles...and nothin'. That's just pitiful for a team that's been in contention for the last few seasons, and actually has a good, young core.

I envy the Toronto and San Diego fans...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

And they let Nelson Cruz go too.

Rosario OR Cruz I can understand - just replace one with Kiriloff.

The rest - not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      And they let Nelson Cruz go too.

Rosario OR Cruz I can understand - just replace one with Kiriloff.

The rest - not so sure.

At least with Cruz you can make an excuse. He's 40 years old. Rosario made no sense.

Comment

While I agree with Horns right now, I suspect the Cubs will catch up quickly and lap the field easily. In addition, I suspect the Indians fans will argue they have a strong case.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I'd have to vote for my Minnesota Twins...at least the Pirates made deals that might impact their future in a positive way. The Twin cut Eddie Rosario, lost Trevor May, Sergio Romo, Jake Odorizzi, Rich Hill and Tyler Clippard to free agency. They've signed Hansel Robles...and nothin'. That's just pitiful for a team that's been in contention for the last few seasons, and actually has a good, young core.

I envy the Toronto and San Diego fans...
          I feel for ya ... up here (well, technically down here) we've lamented the fact that for years our ownership were a telecom company with seemingly little interest in getting to the post season again, but that's one of the few industries that has had a good year - good time to be one of the few buyers.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            At least with Cruz you can make an excuse. He's 40 years old. Rosario made no sense.
            C'mon man, he was making NINE MILLION DOLLARS! Now they can play a minimum wage rookie and save over 8 million...that's money thay can use to line their pockets. Assholes.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

The Astros lost 2/3 of their starting outfield and they have signed... Pedro Baez?

Comment

C'mon man, he was making NINE MILLION DOLLARS! Now they can play a minimum wage rookie and save over 8 million...that's money thay can use to line their pockets. Assholes.
                You need to stop holding back, or you're going to hurt yourself. Tell us what you REALLY feel!

Comment

The Twins just signed JA Happ. Off season saved!
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    While I agree with Horns right now, I suspect the Cubs will catch up quickly and lap the field easily. In addition, I suspect the Indians fans will argue they have a strong case.
                    Cubs are close now, and will surely win the race by the trade deadline if not before.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      Woo Hoo! Championship!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        Just fly to Minneapolis and kick Hornsby in the nuts next time. It’ll hurt less.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Just fly to Minneapolis and kick Hornsby in the nuts next time. It’ll hurt less.
                          Yes, yes it would...now I hear the Twins are in on Tanaka. O Fuck...stockpiling old ex-Yankees.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Yes, yes it would...now I hear the Twins are in on Tanaka. O Fuck...stockpiling old ex-Yankees.
                            Yeah, the Twins know first hand how bad those Yankees do in the playoffs... wait, no, that's not right!

Comment

LOL...though had they not signed Happ, I could actually see Tanaka being a pretty good fit - your park will swallow up some of his mistakes, and he still has some gas left in the tank. Maeda/Berrios/Pineda/Tanaka/Hill and Dobnak and another in reserve to fill in for the 50% of the time Hill will be out wouldn't be bad. Happ at the bottom of the rotation if Hill's not around isn't bad, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X