Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Springer to the Blue Jays (and NOT Brantley)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springer to the Blue Jays (and NOT Brantley)

6 years, 150mil for Springer. Toronto finally makes their big splash.

CF Springer
    2B Biggio
    SS Bichette
    DH Teoscar
    3B Vladito
    LF Gurriel
    1B Rowdy
    RF Grichuk
    C Jansen

That's a pretty good lineup. Not sure what they do if Vladdy can't play 3B, but he does look a lot skinnier.
    Last edited by joncarlos; 01-20-2021, 06:23 PM.

Vlad really does look like a new man, so I think they are going to try him back at 3b....especially if they sign Brantley, as is the rumor. I really don't know how they fit Brantley in, but he is a good player, so a good get, if they can afford him.

Comment

And Yates. The AL East is really heating up now. I'm not sure how Brantley would fit, but I'd suspect it'd cost Tellez the most PT if that happens.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

mindblowing that the previous high water mark for a FA in Toronto was Russell Martin at 5/82.

Wonder if Mets will now go get JBJ or possibly trade for Kiermaier if they want to improve their defense

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          mindblowing that the previous high water mark for a FA in Toronto was Russell Martin at 5/82.

Wonder if Mets will now go get JBJ or possibly trade for Kiermaier if they want to improve their defense
          Nimmo, Alonso, Conforto, and Dom Smith are 4 guys that the Mets would like to play, and they've been told to plan for no DH. So I'm not sure they shell out 8 figures for a backup CF/injury insurance guy. Wonder what Pillar would cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Vlad really does look like a new man, so I think they are going to try him back at 3b....especially if they sign Brantley, as is the rumor. I really don't know how they fit Brantley in, but he is a good player, so a good get, if they can afford him.
            in case anyone needs evidence ... October vs January

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

And now Brantley!

Comment

Sounds like they may land Michael Brantley, too.

Edit: Scooped!
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Get them trash cans ready, Toronto!
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Get them trash cans ready, Toronto!
                    you know, that cheating thing wasn't really all that bad ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      And now Brantley!
                      I predict they trade Grichuk for pitching soon. The Marlins are a good match.

Comment

oh man I hope not. Happy to talk about Teoscar though

Comment

I'd love it if the Brewers could get Grichuk.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Haven't seen it posted here, but it looks like the Blue Jays are denying that they have signed Brantley. May be a formality, but it's interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Haven't seen it posted here, but it looks like the Blue Jays are denying that they have signed Brantley. May be a formality, but it's interesting.
                              Astros re-signed Brantley to a two year $32M deal.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X