Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Springer to the Blue Jays (and NOT Brantley)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Astros re-signed Brantley to a two year $32M deal.
    #ThanksHazelMae

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Astros re-signed Brantley to a two year $32M deal.
      Signing with two teams in the same day has to be a record

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Signing with two teams in the same day has to be a record
        I'm waiting for him to hit and field at the same time when the Astros play the Blue Jays.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I'm waiting for him to hit and field at the same time when the Astros play the Blue Jays.
          Nah he'll just DH.

I remember when we had an odd number in schoolyard football we'd have someone designated as all-time offense, and he'd just play for both teams.

The challenge isn't when the Astros play the Blue Jays, it's when they are both playing at the same time on opposite coasts.

Comment

Rosenthal needs a sabbatical. He has now jumped the gun and been completely wrong multiple times in a short period of time. He has used up any credibility he had at this point. Others misreported it too, but Rosenthal's fall from credibility stands out to me. These guys are always looking to be first to break this stuff, but better to be late and right then first and wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Rosenthal needs a sabbatical. He has now jumped the gun and been completely wrong multiple times in a short period of time. He has used up any credibility he had at this point. Others misreported it too, but Rosenthal's fall from credibility stands out to me. These guys are always looking to be first to break this stuff, but better to be late and right then first and wrong.
              Didn’t Hazel Mae break it and Rosenthal tweet it with a HT to Hazel?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Didn’t Hazel Mae break it and Rosenthal tweet it with a HT to Hazel?
                Possibly...I am not really on Twitter (have an account but don't really use it)...Rosenthal's name with just the one I saw Rotoworld cite. He was also the first name I saw on Hand to the Mets.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  6 years, 150mil for Springer. Toronto finally makes their big splash.

CF Springer
                  2B Biggio
                  SS Bichette
                  DH Teoscar
                  3B Vladito
                  LF Gurriel
                  1B Rowdy
                  RF Grichuk
                  C Jansen

That's a pretty good lineup. Not sure what they do if Vladdy can't play 3B, but he does look a lot skinnier.
                  I'm glad they didn't sign Brantley. I want to see Teoscar in the middle of that lineup, not the bottom.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    in case anyone needs evidence ... October vs January

Wow, he looks 50 pounds lighter. Did he eat at all this winter? Perhaps he tried the COVID diet? I'm thinking that before photo is from last spring/early summer training. Hard to believe he could lose that much weight in 4 months.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Wow, he looks 50 pounds lighter. Did he eat at all this winter? Perhaps he tried the COVID diet? I'm thinking that before photo is from last spring/early summer training. Hard to believe he could lose that much weight in 4 months.
                      Sure, you hire a good cook/dietician and follow a strict exercise regimen and you or I could look like that too. That's their business, making sure that they're as good as they can be. LeBron supposedly spends a million dollars a year on his body...money well spent.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Sure, you hire a good cook/dietician and follow a strict exercise regimen and you or I could look like that too.
                        LOL...and a time machine to take a lot of years off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Sure, you hire a good cook/dietician and follow a strict exercise regimen and you or I could look like that too. ...
                          I was with you until the bolded part.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                          X