No announcement yet.

Former Guy Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His lawyer, Alia somethingorother, who was some small-time NJ attorney before, screwed the pooch yesterday by claiming that the FBI pic of the documents was not real (the Top Secret docs strewn all over the floor) because he "kept them in a box" where "many visitors would come." OMG.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Both paragraphs d and e have been clearly interpreted by the courts to involve two linked issues - being closely held, and being damaging to the United States. Should you so doubt it, I'll refer you to Heidi Kitrosser's work, which shows on multiple blogs, most notably the Lawfare blog, which most assuredly is no pro-Trump blog.

To further detail this is no slam dunk legal case, I'll quote from Bloomberg's law news service (again, certainly no pro-Trump service):
      It's funny that you bring up Heidi Kitrosser when telling me I'm wrong in my interpretation of the Espionage Act.

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      It doesn't even matter if it was still classified as top secret. There were national defense documents, the espionage act makes it a crime to retain any government records pertaining to the US's national defense.
      "The statute does not even strictly require even that the information be classified so long as it is relating to the national defense," Northwestern University law professor Heidi Kitrosser said, referring to the Espionage Act.

Your preferred source says almost word for word the same thing you tried to correct me on.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      A team led by Justice officials is examining records to determine whether criminal laws were broken and if charges should be brought, the officials said.
      Wait what? The fact that they are examining the records to confirm if criminal laws were broken suggests to you that they weren't?

I don't think that means what you think it means.

Comment

• TFG Just offered pardons and financial reparations to all Jan 6th criminals if they can get him elected in 2024. Doesn't this essentially say--do whatever you have to to get me in office, violent, treason or otherwise and I'll reward you for it?

This Fuckin Guy need to go away. Hopefully to prison, but I'm open to other options.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Today's unperishing excerpt from TFG.

He's now inferring that should he be indicted that violence will ensue. Big Problems, he says. To paraphrase something I read earlier--TFG must think he's Don Corleone 'That's a a nice country you have, it'd be a shame if something should happen to it.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Another day, another lawsuit against the former criminal-in-chief:

"New York Attorney General Letitia James said Wednesday her office believes it has uncovered federal crimes by former President Donald Trump and others, including bank fraud and lying to financial institutions.

James said her office has sent a criminal referral to federal prosecutors in Manhattan and the IRS.

The revelation of possible federal crimes by the former president came as James announced a civil lawsuit accusing Trump, three of his adult children and some of his longtime business associates of submitting years of fraudulent financial statements in order to achieve various financial benefits.

“We believe the conduct alleged in this action also violates federal criminal law,” James said, “including issuing false statements to financial institutions and bank fraud.”

“We are referring those criminal violations that we have uncovered to the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and the Internal Revenue Service,” James said at a press conference."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Another day, another lawsuit against the former criminal-in-chief:

"New York Attorney General Letitia James said Wednesday her office believes it has uncovered federal crimes by former President Donald Trump and others, including bank fraud and lying to financial institutions.

James said her office has sent a criminal referral to federal prosecutors in Manhattan and the IRS.

The revelation of possible federal crimes by the former president came as James announced a civil lawsuit accusing Trump, three of his adult children and some of his longtime business associates of submitting years of fraudulent financial statements in order to achieve various financial benefits.

“We believe the conduct alleged in this action also violates federal criminal law,” James said, “including issuing false statements to financial institutions and bank fraud.”

“We are referring those criminal violations that we have uncovered to the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and the Internal Revenue Service,” James said at a press conference."
              https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/21/trum...tia-james.html
              So which country with no extradition will Trump sell the classified documents to?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Another day, another lawsuit against the former criminal-in-chief:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/21/trum...tia-james.html
                Trump is the undisputed king of how to circumvent the U.S. legal system. Getting the IRS involved is a good move. The IRS has brought down many criminal empires over the years. But, even the IRS has never seen a criminal empire as big as this one before. Trump will probably be dead before there is a conviction many years from now. But, his children will be left to pay for the crimes of their father. And of course the taxpayers will be left to pay for the cost of many years of litigation.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• My favorite TFG moment perhaps of all time. On Hannity, he proclaimed that all he had to do was THINK A DOCUMENT WAS UNCLASSIFIED! And as if by magic, it would be! And we elected this buffoon?

During an appearance on Sean Hannity's Fox News show, Donald Trump provided no evidence that he had declassified documents seized from his Mar-a-Lago residence.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Bad day for This Former Guy.

SCOTUS refuses his request to intervene in the Mar Lago investigation AND he's been subpoenaed to appear before the Jan 6th committee.

he'll refuse of course, then be held in contempt and then arrested--I hope orange is his color...........(oh wait)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Former Guy's BFF Steve Bannon was sentenced to 4 months in prison for contempt of court. Don't drop the soap, fatboy!

Comment

Former Guy's BFF Steve Bannon was sentenced to 4 months in prison for contempt of court. Don't drop the soap, fatboy!
                        fatboy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          fatboy?
                          skinnyboy?

Comment

skinnyboy?
                            Sorry just feels weird to throw out names referencing weight. I think the guy is a complete moron, but it has nothing to do with his body shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Sorry just feels weird to throw out names referencing weight. I think the guy is a complete moron, but it has nothing to do with his body shape.
                              He has no problem throwing out names for any of his enemies, most of which have to do with appearance than anything else. I know you're on the same team, but I've had it when my friends think Dems have to hold themselves to a higher moral standard. Two can play at that game.

Comment

He has no problem throwing out names for any of his enemies, most of which have to do with appearance than anything else. I know you're on the same team, but I've had it when my friends think Dems have to hold themselves to a higher moral standard. Two can play at that game.
                                Indeed, but there are so, so, so many substantive issues to attack a human-sized trash bag filled with liquid hate like Bannon, do we benefit from choosing to focus on his weight, which might make others who are not horrible human beings feel bad about their weight? We are also reinforcing that ad hominem attacks are okay, which works both ways and distracts for the real issues. The only angle I can see justifying such an attack is to put forth a conspiracy theory that his corpulence is different from that of others because he got there by feeding on the souls of the poor and by sucking out the marrow of the bones of our dying democracy. I'd but that.

More broadly, this is an interesting topic to discuss, I think, because I think most of us, to some degree, at some point, have shown such biases. I have tried to be better at divorcing someone's essence from their physical appearance, as they are not really related. But I have to admit that while I never connect conventionally negative physical attributes to someone's essence for anyone that I respect and/or admire, I have been guilty of seeing physical features as fair game for comment or at least thought for people I don't respect. Examples: Trump and McConnell. If they were aligned with my ideas of goodness, I would never dream of commenting on negative aspects of their appearance, or even really think about that. But because of who I perceive them to be on the inside, part of my brain can't help but see their appearance as some sort of "Picture of Dorian Gray" reflection of their inner darkness. Of course, that is not true, but I think such thinking must be at least partially ingrained in us, either by nature or nurture, or both. If McConnell was someone I respected, maybe I wouldn't see him as looking like an evil turtle trying to snap the fingers of hungry orphans who are begging for more food.
                                Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-01-2022, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X