Biden's Cabinet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden's Cabinet.

Thought we might as well start discussing his choices just in case we're all still alive Jan 22nd.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Thought we might as well start discussing his choices just in case we're all still alive Jan 22nd.
    Wait...i thought we were supposed to trash on teenwolf when he discussed this ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Wait...i thought we were supposed to trash on teenwolf when he discussed this ?
      His discussion was mostly Trash
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

His discussion was mostly Trash
        without commenting on the content of his posts, do you really want feedback on Biden's choices or are you planning to label any criticism as trash ? I've seen a lot of commentary on his cabinet, and there was a lot that was not positive....but also some that was optimistic. I don't plan to participate in the discussion, but if you actually want discussion it would be good to address the substance, not the person.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

without commenting on the content of his posts, do you really want feedback on Biden's choices or are you planning to label any criticism as trash ? I've seen a lot of commentary on his cabinet, and there was a lot that was not positive....but also some that was optimistic. I don't plan to participate in the discussion, but if you actually want discussion it would be good to address the substance, not the person.
          Absolutely because I know next to nothing about most of them.

But I have Jessie on Ignore so I won't be reading his opinions.

Not a Cabinet position, but I'm glad to see Bernie heading up the budget committee.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Absolutely because I know next to nothing about most of them.

But I have Jessie on Ignore so I won't be reading his opinions.

Not a Cabinet position, but I'm glad to see Bernie heading up the budget committee.
            Well if you have Jesse on ignore (and I'm not going to comment) who is going to provide negative commentary ? anyway, good luck

I should mute myself, lol. Look forward to the discussion
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Biden’s explanation of why he didn’t name Bernie as Labor Secretary is sooooo Joe Biden.

Walsh is an interesting pick. His labor bona fides are very strong, but Boston’s blue collar unions have not been the most culturally enlightened group, let’s just say.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Biden appointed a friend of the oil industry as his "climate liaison", which i mentioned at the time was a very bad sign. Here's a relevant clip:

Originally posted by Jacobin
                On Tuesday, Politico reported that Biden is appointing US Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA) to lead the White House Office of Public Engagement, where he is “expected to serve as a liaison with the business community and climate change activists.”

During his ten years in Congress, Richmond has received roughly $341,000 from donors in the oil and gas industry — the fifth-highest total among House Democrats, according to previous reporting by Sludge. That includes corporate political action committee donations of $50,000 from Entergy, an electric and natural gas utility; $40,000 from ExxonMobil; and $10,000 apiece from oil companies Chevron, Phillips 66, and Valero Energy.

Richmond has raked in that money while representing a congressional district that is home to seven of the ten most air-polluted census tracts in the country.

Richmond has repeatedly broken with his party on major climate and environmental votes. During the climate crisis that has battered his home state of Louisiana, Richmond has joined with Republicans to vote to increase fossil fuel exports and promote pipeline development. He also voted against Democratic legislation to place pollution limits on fracking — and he voted for GOP legislation to limit the Obama administration’s authority to more stringently regulate the practice.
                https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/11/j...edric-richmond

I opined that perhaps Biden would allow the Trans-Canada pipeline, which i desperately hope is scuttled for the future of the planet. On CBC News, the Canadian oil industry folks are optimistic that Biden will allow it to pass.

Originally posted by CBC News
                Last spring, a campaign official for Joe Biden said the Democratic nominee would cancel a key permit for the Keystone XL pipeline if he became president. Although that is a pretty clear signal, supporters of the project have wondered and debated if he'd really pull the pin. [...]

With the Democrats now in control of the Senate by a slim margin, Biden's legislative path may be smoother, but Mar noted that the oil and gas sector has supporters on both sides of the aisle. TC Energy also forged deals with U.S. unions last summer to work on the project. [...]

Allowing the pipeline, which would feed U.S. refineries, could be used as one way to find the kind of compromise needed to help the new administration pursue an ambitious legislative agenda that includes climate action, higher corporate taxes and racial justice. [...]

What remains to be seen — and Biden may already know — is whether Keystone XL has the kind of support among U.S. legislators that it would actually provide useful leverage.

In making the case for the pipeline under a broad approach, Ottawa would likely point Biden to the federal government's climate strategies — including the carbon tax and proposed Clean Fuel Standard — aimed at achieving net-zero emissions by 2050.
                https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/key...iden-1.5864973

So we see clearly these 2 neo-Lib parties seem set to work together on forcing this pipeline. They'll even do it under the guise of "climate action and racial justice". Just despicable. They will piss in your face and call it rain. Trudeau and Biden.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Well if you have Jesse on ignore (and I'm not going to comment) who is going to provide negative commentary ? anyway, good luck

I should mute myself, lol. Look forward to the discussion
                  LOL... the pissypants temper tantrum GITH unleashed over my critique of the Cedric Richmond appointment was so unhinged. Too bad his wife wasn't around to stop him from embarrassing himself on that particular occasion.

Here was his response to my critiques of Biden's cabinet:

Just stop. Just Fucking stop. I am merely pointing out your incessant rant about Biden is 1. tiresome as we get it--you don't like him and 2. not entirely accurate in your assessment--you've been retorted and have chosen to stick by your opinions regardless--I get it-WE get it, so get out my ear with it.

NOT ONE DAMN PERSON IN HERE is saying Biden is a great choice, that he's more than he's not--he is just BETTER than Trump Period--end of fucking tory. he'll be out of office before 2024 so enjoy that. IF Biden does HALF the shit Trump did--he'll still be better, IF he took money from Russia--He's still BETTER than Trump, if he's a creepy, handsy ol man--He's STILL better than Trump--IT IS ABOUT TRUMP>

Decency and integrity, Ethics and policy went out the window in 2016--YES we all want it to matter, but to get to that point we need to crawl out of this ravine the country have been driven into and to do that--we just need to change drivers.

SO--when you bitch about Biden--WHO THE FUCKK CARES!! We Know--0The system is broken, Biden is flawed and there were better choices out there--i6t's not like we are ignorant--it's just that we want this asshat of a President to get the fuck out of here ASAP and I'd take even Bush Jr again over Trump if that's the only choice I have.

We're not attacking you personally Jessie, we're just tired of the constant, repetitive whining about something that frankly--doesn't matter a bit right now. Give it a rest for a bit, please.

Again, I am NOT attacking YOU personally, but what you're doing or is what you post on a roto baseball message board all you are? I don't think that, neither should you.

And again, it doesn't matter what Biden is or is not doing--he's a means to and end so any critique I'd have of him is irrelevant. So if I may, think of it this way--you want to talk relevance--talk about Harris--SHE will be running thins soon enough.

But Biden? It's like complaining about an ex spouse or partner, maybe good for the soul--but doesn't make a bit of difference in any tangible way.
                  Irrelevant and pointless on Nov. 19th... 2 months later, he wants to have the discussion on his terms. What a classless idiot.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      You came to visit and didn't say hello?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Biden’s explanation of why he didn’t name Bernie as Labor Secretary is sooooo Joe Biden.

Walsh is an interesting pick. His labor bona fides are very strong, but Boston’s blue collar unions have not been the most culturally enlightened group, let’s just say.
                        Does Bernie Sanders not have more power to leverage as Congressional Budget Committee Chair than he would have as Labor Secretary?

It could end up being like Canada's arrangement, where the further left party (Jagmeet Singh - NDP) is pushing the centrist governing party (Justin Trudeau - Liberal). This pressure coerced much higher Covid relief being offered than the initial peanuts the Libs wanted.

Given your prior recognition of the massive eviction crisis looming, I would think you would possibly support Sanders' initiatives of direct payments and other stimulus supports to avoid a housing market crash. Or do you have a different understanding of the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          Does Bernie Sanders not have more power to leverage as Congressional Budget Committee Chair than he would have as Labor Secretary?
                          In some ways, yes, in others, no. In his role as Senate Budget chair, he can leverage a lot more bills into the reconciliation process, which avoids the filibuster. He also controls priority of bills that comes through his committee. He's made it clear he's going to really push hard on that. OTOH, as Labor Secretary, he has a ton of leverage over interpretation of pay, safety, workplace rules, and a pretty big bully pulpit if he wanted it. I think Bernie would have been happy in either. My LOL moment was at Biden making it appear that if he'd named Bernie as Labor Secretary, that there was a chance he'd not be replaced by a Democrat. In Vermont. You'd be center-left in Vermont, if you get my drift.

Per what Sanders will put forward, it'll depend how much other pork gets thrown in. I didn't like the most recent stimulus at all.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

living next to RI and having gone to school there I've seen a lot of Gina Raimondo. RI is not an easy state to manage. the only thing I can sort of fault her on was opening schools instead of distance learning. at the time, my position was the infection rate would go up again and make it difficult. but I can see the dilemma. I thought that way because I see her as superwoman. she's not a swimsuit model but she's super-intelligent, she's stern and fearless, and she's outgoing. I love listening to her speak. she speaks kind of like a mother, which is kind of exactly what RI needs. she presents every side of a debate, and then explains what the solution is. the best word to describe her is 'competent'.

there was another guy Biden picked I forget who and what for, but the dude was part of the 3M disinformation scandal bout those 'forever chemicals' in Teflon. which is in 99% of the population now. and gave cancer and killed those kids at that high school in Minnesota. ..so that's a big fuck you to Zed.

Comment

Breakdown of Biden's cabinet in terms of demographics. Trump's was generally lily white and male. Obama's was more diverse. Biden's is extremely diverse, moreso than either other:

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                              X