Cool Baseball Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Baseball Tech

In my capacity covering the CES show this year, I get lots of product releases in my inbox (much of which is not relevant to the industry I cover). I just thought this one was super cool for us baseball nerds (especially ones with kids who pitch).

TAIPEI, Jan. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Jingletek introduces STRIKE, the world's first smart baseball that is capable of providing coaches and athletes quantifiable data to analyze such as spin rate, rotational axis, velocity, trajectory, pop-time and location.

This next-generation product has made Jingletek being selected by Taiwan Tech Arena (TTA) as one of the 100 featured Taiwanese startups to showcase at CES 2021.

"With multiple precision sensors built in, it only takes for STRIKE to provide athletes quantifiable data to analyze for complete grasp of training conditions," said Jingletek Founder and CEO Ching Lun Lin.

STRIKE first made a debut in the market via successful funding from different crowdfunding platforms including Kickstarter (US) and Makuake (Japan), and Jingletek have fulfilled all the orders to these platforms.

"We are now moving to mass production, and we wish STRIKE 2.0 can support every coach with data which are hard to measure before, or help each player to record his own real-time condition," Lin said.

He said baseball is moving to the sports science area, where training in a scientific way is becoming more important. If you think Strike can be adding value to your training course, I would love to discuss it with you in further detail.
    Full release: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301206661.html

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    In my capacity covering the CES show this year, I get lots of product releases in my inbox (much of which is not relevant to the industry I cover). I just thought this one was super cool for us baseball nerds (especially ones with kids who pitch).

Full release: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301206661.html
    Thats super interesting, thanks for sharing. Imagine all the added pitch tracking data that will become available for overseas, cold weather, hell, even small-town pitchers now have an opportunity for development and scouting. Incredible.

The science I'm most interested in for pitchers is whatever mixture of foreign substances seem to be going around like wild. Gerrit Cole, Bauer, all the biggest names are doing it pretty openly. This Angels trainer who's blowing the lid off things will provide stunning insight. I'm really not sure how to address it. Maybe MLB should find a better foreign substance than rosin for pitchers so it puts everything in the open.

Sorry for the tangent, this is where my mind has been on pitcher tech lately.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
    X