Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    I never understood how my people, who lived their entire lives weary of big agriculture, who only shopped at Whole Foods. or never let their kids eat sugar or processed meat. or Red Dye #2 in candy. who know, our easy environment is polluting us and causing cancer. suddenly lined up for an experimental vaccine that was never going to stop transmission for a disease that mostly affected people with 4 or more comorbidities. and then voluntarily offered their children up also, even though they were at minimal risk and this was a non-sterilizing vaccine. to allow the total shut down of society over their fears, yet put total trust in the very institutions, where we as intellectuals have been calling out our entire lives.
    Stop spreading misinformation. The vast majority of those hospitalized and dying are unvaccinated. This isn't hard. Stop with the garbage posts like this one that suggest that vaccinations are not needed. If you just have the desire to spread garbage like this go outside and yell it instead.

Comment

• If these charts don't tell the story, nothing will. From yesterday's NY Times:

Comment

• The NCAA is now considering unvaccinated athletes who have had COVID in the last 90 days in the same class as fully vaccinated athletes.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          The NCAA is now considering unvaccinated athletes who have had COVID in the last 90 days in the same class as fully vaccinated athletes.
          Gotta keep that cash cow alive somehow (even if parts of it actually die)
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• every time I post I have to break out an old internet explorer.

Comment

• if you think you can survive w/o the red states, you are sorely mistaken. outside of the psychological things, the physical ones are gas, energy, meat. you are embarking on a future that cannot survive.

Comment

if you think you can survive w/o the red states, you are sorely mistaken. outside of the psychological things, the physical ones are gas, energy, meat. you are embarking on a future that cannot survive.
                Who is "you"?

Comment

if you think you can survive w/o the red states, you are sorely mistaken. outside of the psychological things, the physical ones are gas, energy, meat. you are embarking on a future that cannot survive.
                  Meh. While I think a dissolution of our country's union would be an unmitigated disaster, trade would continue - even in a worst case scenario, it wouldn't be with each other, but still with major trade partners like Canada.

Comment

• SCOTUS blocks large employer vaccine mandate 6-3 with all the usual suspects voting against in an unsigned opinion.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      SCOTUS blocks large employer vaccine mandate 6-3 with all the usual suspects voting against in an unsigned opinion.
                      But did stay the block to the CMS vaccine mandate for health care workers in medical facilities that receive Medicare and Medicaid funding, 5-4. So health care workers that work in facilities that receive Medicare and Medicaid funding must be vaccinated.

Comment

• what is not fully vaccinated, are we no longer counting unvaccinated and now saying not fully vaccinated? I still think it's a representation of the population. most ppl have 1 or 2 shots, so they will represent the greater number of positive tests. so this whole time the unvaccinated were really only partially vaccinated but were counted as unvaccinated?

I also had a potential revelation. I had Bells Palsy when I was 30. I was eating cheeze-its one day and noticed I couldn't spit the way I normally do. it was concerning. one side of my face was sort of frozen. this lasted about 2 weeks I think. sounds like something out of the movie Johnny Dangerously: go ahead and do the operation, it'll be good to see him spit normal again.

if you get Bell's Palsy, you only get it once because your immune system will keep it in check after it flares up and goes away. it's much better to get it when you are younger and have a stronger immune system. if you get it when you are older it can be pretty bad with half your face entirely frozen. they are trying to say, when you get vaccinated it can bring it out because your body is busy and not able to keep it in check. but I don't see Bell's Palsy as a big deal. and then it occurred to me, I think that was one of the few years I got a flu vaccine. oh well I don't remember. OTHO they say ppl that have had Bell's Palsy potentially have a higher incidence of Parkinson’s Disease, but I would be very skeptical about that. I think everyone has the herpes virus that causes Bell's Palsy.

Comment

• I feel like playing a game with Ken called 'can you spot the misinformation in nullnor's post'.

Comment

I feel like playing a game with Ken called 'can you spot the misinformation in nullnor's post'.
                            A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              It seems Rand Paul liked to play the spread misinformation game. He came right out and told UofL med students that spreading misinformation to gain a competitive advantage is a great tactic: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...jb7?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                that's not really true. no matter what one does, you have to play the game. we are always playing the game. life is a game in itself. games theory, it's equations show up in the most unexpected places. but no matter how much you want to quit, you never can. you just can't change the rules as you go along, no matter how much you want to. you have to give everyone their equal chance.

I give you a lot of credit. and I think you are a very smart person. and I want to help you. I don't know if you have ppl that fall into this category, but even a paper in 2014 by the CEO of BioNTech mRNA-based therapeutics — developing a new class of drugs https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd4278#Sec11
                                the current data do not indicate that there is any induction of immunogenicity against IVT mRNA itself. However, mounting evidence suggests that patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and other autoimmune diseases can develop anti-self RNA autoantibodies that have a role in the induction and progression of autoimmunity187. Thus, under certain circumstances, such as long-term repetitive systemic application of mRNAs, anti-RNA antibodies may potentially form and mediate immune pathology. One might consider screening mRNA sequences to avoid conformations that are prone to inducing mRNA-specific antibodies188. Clinical monitoring of autoimmune phenomena and laboratory tests for antinuclear antibodies are therefore advised.
                                if I had information that could potentially help ppl and I withheld it I would not be able to live with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X