Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Congrats!

My 29 year old daughter gets her first today.

25 year old has gotten both.

My wife is scheduled for her second on 4/14.

I am scheduled for the 12th at 9:30.
    I got there at 9:26. This time they said we would not stay in our cars and to park and get in line.

I was done and sitting in the 15 minute after vaccine area at 9:59. Left at 10:14.

I felt this shot, still no big deal. I had tickling in my nose, sneezed a few times at the two hour mark. That seems to be gone.

I do feel a little tired but not terribly so. It would not stop me from running an errand or making a sales call. If it evens out here it will be a piece of cake.

Comment

Two shots plus two weeks...just sayin.
      tomorrow finishes that out.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I got there at 9:26. This time they said we would not stay in our cars and to park and get in line.

I was done and sitting in the 15 minute after vaccine area at 9:59. Left at 10:14.

I felt this shot, still no big deal. I had tickling in my nose, sneezed a few times at the two hour mark. That seems to be gone.

I do feel a little tired but not terribly so. It would not stop me from running an errand or making a sales call. If it evens out here it will be a piece of cake.
        Good to hear!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• My mother-in-law got the J and J yesterday. She says her arm is a bit sore, but a-okay other than that. It is funny that despite my in-law being more concerned about vaccination than my wife and I, they both beat up to vaccination. We still have a couple of weeks to go before our appointments. It seems pretty variable place to place in terms of how long you have to wait.

I am hearing we will get to the point of having more vaccines than people who want to take them way quicker than previously thought. Some are suggesting demand is going to slow to a trickle and that we will only get to the 50-60% range by the end of July, despite the current pace getting there much faster. If you wanna say another 10-15% have some immunity by having recovered from COVID (I believe more have had COVID than that, but I also assume a good chunk of them will be getting vaccinated, so there is overlap there, so 10-15% may be generous), that puts up in the 60-75% range, not quite enough for herd immunity. I don't know if more people will get it as they see others being okay after vaccines, or if they will get more entrenched in not getting it, because most everyone else is getting it and they feel safer.

Comment

• I'm not Epidemiologist, but I'm pretty sure we're going to be getting these shots on a yearly basis going forward (boosters) for variants and the like. Though we may be immune longer, they only know for certain these things provide protection for 6 months. Like Herpes, it's here to stay. Just not as fun to catch..
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• My mother in law is nervous--we pushed her into the vaccine and she just got the J and J. The timing of the pause--no way she would have gotten it after this pause, assuming it is lifted. I told her the issue is super rare.

Comment

• Conservatives: Covid is overblown, only has a 1.7% death rate!

Also conservatives: The JnJ vaccine led to blood clots in 0.00000088% of cases! WE TOLD YOU IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Also conservatives: The JnJ vaccine led to blood clots in 0.00000088% of cases! WE TOLD YOU IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!
                  Is this a Facebook meme or something? Because every conservative site/author I'm reading is condemning the government for shutting down vaccine distribution on a six case issue out of seven million doses - National Review, Powerline, David Bernstein, RedState are the ones I've seen so far.

And I'm getting my second Pfizer dose today.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• So my mother in law just passed away about a week and a half ago. She suffered a massive stroke in February, exactly three weeks to the day after she received the vaccine. She was able to get the second dose when she was discharged from the hospital and went into a long-term care facility. Three weeks to the day after the second dose, she passed away. Scans showed a "probable" diagnosis of pancreatic cancer as well, but they were not able to biopsy to confirm it. Now my wife thinks it was the vaccine. We are both fully vaccinated, so it's not like we're avoiding getting the vaccine, but the timing has really freaked her out.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      So my mother in law just passed away about a week and a half ago. She suffered a massive stroke in February, exactly three weeks to the day after she received the vaccine. She was able to get the second dose when she was discharged from the hospital and went into a long-term care facility. Three weeks to the day after the second dose, she passed away. Scans showed a "probable" diagnosis of pancreatic cancer as well, but they were not able to biopsy to confirm it. Now my wife thinks it was the vaccine. We are both fully vaccinated, so it's not like we're avoiding getting the vaccine, but the timing has really freaked her out.
                      Sorry to hear about your loss. Whether or not hundreds of millions of people are vaccinated there are going to be strokes, heart attacks, etc...I can understand how when it happens to you it might feel like the vaccine caused it.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Sorry to hear about your loss. Whether or not hundreds of millions of people are vaccinated there are going to be strokes, heart attacks, etc...I can understand how when it happens to you it might feel like the vaccine caused it.
                        Oh, for sure. I don't think it was anything more than a coincidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          So my mother in law just passed away about a week and a half ago. She suffered a massive stroke in February, exactly three weeks to the day after she received the vaccine. She was able to get the second dose when she was discharged from the hospital and went into a long-term care facility. Three weeks to the day after the second dose, she passed away. Scans showed a "probable" diagnosis of pancreatic cancer as well, but they were not able to biopsy to confirm it. Now my wife thinks it was the vaccine. We are both fully vaccinated, so it's not like we're avoiding getting the vaccine, but the timing has really freaked her out.
                          I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I think there would be no way not to be freaked out to some degree over the timing of her death. Whether such things are a coincidence or not, it is natural to think they are not, especially when they hit us personally.

Comment

• does anyone think this is the apocalypse? or is it just another time in human history where the shit really hit the fan and naturally everyone overreacted. like 500AD when two volcanos erupted and the sun didn't shine for 560 days, in addition to bubonic plague in circulation and people being weak in vitamin D from no sun. imagine how crazy such a time or combination of events would be. yet, no apocalypse happened. life went on eventually like it always does.

I am a cowboy. we all are. if you are American, you're a cowboy. like me, you wait until the very last minute, right before the shit hits the fan, to do your thing, and rescure everybody. that's what we do. that's what you do and that's what all of us does. we take all the tools that we have and learned and somehow miraculously bail ourselves out.

yet it kind of goes against the whole idea of prevention is the best healthcare. but that's the world. it's like how Nietzsche says a man only learns how to build his house until after he is finished. it's how everything works. it's how cause and effect and how physics works.

for some reason I find it sort of comforting. that means your best efforts are always yet to come. so everyone in life has that to look forward to. which is nice. hope.

Comment

• when 40% of the Marine core refuse the covid vaccine, there's multiple reasons for that. #1 it's about forcing soldiers to get vaccinated for something. sometimes in the best conditions, or the worst ones, no-one wants to be forced. but back in the day, when we dealt with viruses that could be reasoned with, like measles and small pox, or polio.. this is a new day. it's revolutionary. my god you could look at the things nature can throw at us. HIV is such an important virus to learn from. when Magic Johnson played basketball with it and told the world he was positive, yet cured. that was a landmark event. and they were able to cure him from mRNA technology. he was the ambassador saying, everything will be ok. because he's Magic.

I forget where I am going with this but, the Marine core is the only branch of the military that every year has to justify their existence to the government. I think their motto is god, country and government.

I've been drinking a little again lately, but I stopped being an alcoholic. I don't drink at all very much these days. I am just worried like everyone else. I wouldn't be pushing the anti-vaccine thing. there's a major backlash coming about everything going on everywhere, whether it's deserved or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                                I think their motto is god, country and government.
                                Nope, Semper Fidelis is the Marine motto.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X