No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first shot today at a mass vaccination site at Pocono Motor Speedway.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Got my first shot today at a mass vaccination site at Pocono Motor Speedway.
      Congrats!

My 29 year old daughter gets her first today.

25 year old has gotten both.

My wife is scheduled for her second on 4/14.

I am scheduled for the 12th at 9:30.

Comment

Alright ! I have an appt for this afternoon, as does my daughter. Hard to believe
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

How long did you have to wait in line?
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• you guys are way ahead of Canada in getting shots into arms ... are you seeing any changes in behavior as a result? are restaurants & shops filling up?
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              you guys are way ahead of Canada in getting shots into arms ... are you seeing any changes in behavior as a result? are restaurants & shops filling up?
              It's still very politically divided. Red states/cities are throwing away their masks, packing stadiums, bars, etc. Whether they have had their shots or not. But, for the most part, the blue states/cities are still listening to Dr. Fauci by wearing masks and practicing social distancing until at least most of the science believers are vaccinated. Some people have been so traumatized by the pandemic that they may choose to wear a mask and avoid crowded places for the rest of their lives.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                How long did you have to wait in line?
                Whole process took 15 minutes. Never got out of the car. It was run very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  It's still very politically divided. Red states/cities are throwing away their masks, packing stadiums, bars, etc. Whether they have had their shots or not. But, for the most part, the blue states/cities are still listening to Dr. Fauci by wearing masks and practicing social distancing until at least most of the science believers are vaccinated. Some people have been so traumatized by the pandemic that they may choose to wear a mask and avoid crowded places for the rest of their lives.
                  That's a bit of an oversimplification, and not very accurate. Here are the top 10 for most cases per capita:

MIch
                  NJ
                  NY
                  RI
                  PA
                  Delaware
                  Minnesota
                  MA
                  CT
                  NH

Not a lot of red states there. Although all states have people of all beliefs and responses. Pretty much every state that I have seen waits until cases go down, then relaxes restrictions, waits for cases to go up, clamps down again....and on and on.
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    That's a bit of an oversimplification, and not very accurate. Here are the top 10 for most cases per capita:

MIch
                    NJ
                    NY
                    RI
                    PA
                    Delaware
                    Minnesota
                    MA
                    CT
                    NH

Not a lot of red states there. Although all states have people of all beliefs and responses. Pretty much every state that I have seen waits until cases go down, then relaxes restrictions, waits for cases to go up, clamps down again....and on and on.
                    a lot of cold ones.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      a lot of cold ones.
                      Yes. Although the hot states also had their heyday. A very cyclical thing, and all the state's not on the same cycle
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yes. Although the hot states also had their heyday. A very cyclical thing, and all the state's not on the same cycle
                        *heyeday
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

MIch
                          NJ
                          NY
                          RI
                          PA
                          Delaware
                          Minnesota
                          MA
                          CT
                          NH

Florida has been open for a long time and has a high elderly population. Interesting that they're lower than a lot of states that have been much more restricted.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Florida has been open for a long time and has a high elderly population. Interesting that they're lower than a lot of states that have been much more restricted.
                            I've read a couple places that locations where outdoor gatherings are possible may reduce infection counts - because people are not forced to gather in close proximity indoors. Florida and Texas are potentially outperforming expectations (both are in the middle as far as cases/population), not because of good policy, but rather because of good weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              #1 Covid infections affect every age group equally. It's the mortality rate which is age specific. For example, the case rate in Ca vs Fla are pretty close, but the mortality rate in FLA is higher due to their older population.

I've had this conversation with a friend who's pretty conservative. IF Cali was out front in the lockdown and Fla was anti mitigation--why are they so close in raw numbers per capita. Simply put, there were large portions of the population in CA that totally ignored protocols, Newsome failed to put any teeth in his mandates to aid with enforcement so local authorities really didn't have any means to scare people into complying if those authorities enforced at all. Add to that some of the countries most densely populated cities and the Agricultural corridor where those who work there either work or starve as they have no access to public assistance and you essentially don't have a mitigation effort at all. Tough to get 40 million people on the same p[age even in liberal Cali.

FWIW Fla IS among the cities surging now and after Spring Break, I'm sure they'll stay there for a while. https://patch.com/pennsylvania/phila...us-covid-cases

Also, I jut read an article stating that the Moderna Vaccine only guarantees protection for 6 months after the second shot--anyone else read this or something to the contrary?

Stay Safe!
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Alright ! I have an appt for this afternoon, as does my daughter. Hard to believe
                                Standing in lime now. Across the street from mariner baseball field. Got to hear the national anthem
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X