Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    It took about 40 minutes to drive through and actually get the vaccine. I had to wait another 15 minutes in my car to make sure I had no immediate issues.

The site was run very efficiently. The people were pleasant. While I did not get to choose my vaccine the site was using both Pfizer and Moderna. I ended up with Pfizer.

I literally did not feel the vaccine. I felt her put on the bandage and said did you apply it? Yes I did. I am still shocked. About 15 minutes after I got the vaccine, my arm started hurting ever so slightly. That went away in another 10 minutes.

This morning I am aware of the site as I type this but I would not call it painful. If I raise my arm over my head it feels like a buddy punched me in the arm. Nothing I can't handle.

I have no other side effects. The paper they gave me said side effect could happen in 1-3 days and then subside in another 2-3 days.

I am eligible for my second shot on April 12th or after. I will update if I get any side effects.
    I do have some cold like symptoms. Slightly runny nose, some short coughing spells, some aches, but nothing dramatic.

My wife got her shot yesterday (Pfizer) at Lake Forrest Hospital. They scheduled her second shot on the spot. She has no symptoms other than the sore arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Small steps. I am favoring the unionization vote for Amazon workers in Bessemer. Does that count?
      Alabama or NC?

We have a massive Amazon facility near the CLT airport and Bessemer is about 20 minutes west of it

Comment

• Abalama.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Finally, after being eligible for 2.5 months and signing up with 4 different vaccination entities, an appointment became available for me. I'm getting the 1st dose next Thursday. Like practically every other aspect of the pandemic in this country, the vaccination implementation has not been run nearly as well as it should have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Finally, after being eligible for 2.5 months and signing up with 4 different vaccination entities, an appointment became available for me. I'm getting the 1st dose next Thursday. Like practically every other aspect of the pandemic in this country, the vaccination implementation has not been run nearly as well as it should have been.
            Interesting - I'll say in my state and county, it's been overall well-run and smooth. Not perfect - there's been some appointment system crashes, but overall very good.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Just got my 2nd shot, such a relief. Fingers crossed I don't have sent side effects.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• My wife and I are scheduled to get our vaccines on Tuesday; I believe they will be the Pfizer.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Just got my 2nd shot, such a relief. Fingers crossed I don't have sent side effects.
                  How are you doing?

My 25 year old daughter had her second shot Monday. Her arm hurt and she was feeling tired. Today she is in bed feeling sick. She is being a trooper but not too happy about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    How are you doing?

My 25 year old daughter had her second shot Monday. Her arm hurt and she was feeling tired. Today she is in bed feeling sick. She is being a trooper but not too happy about it.
                    I'm fine now. My arm was sore and I was pretty tired that first night but after 10 hours of sleep I was good to go.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      I'm fine now. My arm was sore and I was pretty tired that first night but after 10 hours of sleep I was good to go.
                      Glad to read this!

Comment

• I just got my First dose of The Pfizer shot about an hour ago. Shot 2 scheduled for the 20th.

Comment

• My wife and I got our 2nd shot (Pfizer) this morning. So far no issues, not even the arm soreness I had from the first shot. Will update if anything changes

Comment

• getting dose 2 in an hour.

hmm... maybe I should go shower.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              I just got my First dose of The Pfizer shot about an hour ago. Shot 2 scheduled for the 20th.
                              Our shot 2 is scheduled for the 20th also. No issues at all with the first one. Barely some tenderness at the injection site. That's all. Oh, the shot itself was so bland I didn't realize she had given it to me until she was putting on the bandaid.

Comment

• I feel a bit beat today. Tired, head is a bit foggy. A tiny bit nauseous. Might just be a bad allergy day. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X