Page 110 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1131

Thread: Covid Vaccine thread

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    My "serves them right" thoughts are reserved for heads of state and those profiting off the fear mongering... I have nothing but compassion for anyone just trying to figure out what is best for themsleves.

Thoughts and prayers (for realz) for your sister and your family Gregg.
    Yeah. I hope for the best for your sister, Gregg, and for anyone for whom fear and doubt left them uncertain. That is a different sort that those pandering or fearmongering, knowing they will cost people lives.

Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    Both of mine are getting their first shots tomorrow. My older one says he is still going to wear a mask after all of this is over because "they're totally comfortable." I still need to get my booster, just keep forgetting to make the appointment.
    I have to tell my two young boys at least 5 times to take off their masks when I pick them up from school. They totally forget they are there. I can't say I feel the same, but will continue to wear them on those zero degree days on those long walks outside for the rest of my days. I really never understood how comfortable people seem with their face all exposed in -5 degree weather. I guess everyone feels stuff different, because my face feels like it is on fire in super cold weather.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    seems a bit fake newsy to me, wearing a mask is basically submission to the tyrants that want to control our lives.

actually kind of interesting. I don't enjoy wearing a mask, most of the time it is fine, but sometimes gets a bit uncomfortable, but kids probably adjust to them more than us old codgers.
    Third graders have no concept of freedom.

My bigger issue with masks is that I have to wear my contacts because otherwise its hopeless.

Third graders have no concept of freedom.

My bigger issue with masks is that I have to wear my contacts because otherwise it’s hopeless.
    government mandates for masks and vaccines were bad enough, now they are mandating contacts !!! This is too much
    ---------------------------------------------------------

-put it in the pantry with your cupcakes

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    My bigger issue with masks is that I have to wear my contacts because otherwise its hopeless.
    I've found that wearing my glasses lower on my nose and exhaling through my mouth prevents my glasses from fogging up when i have a mask on. I just pretend that i am a near-sighted Darth Vader.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

― Albert Einstein

Shot number one for my boys, 8 and 6.

Best part was filling out the paperwork and some woman coming in frantically shouting "I was just exposed to Covid at work, can I get a test?" While wearing no mask. I loved that the store gave her a mask first before answering the question.

Shot number one for my boys, 8 and 6.

Best part was filling out the paperwork and some woman coming in frantically shouting "I was just exposed to Covid at work, can I get a test?" While wearing no mask. I loved that the store gave her a mask first before answering the question.
    Mine are 7 and 4. The 7 year old will be getting his tomorrow after school. The four year old was just home 10 days for a quarantine from exposure at school (he ended up fine, but drove u crazy). I've been trying to find out if they will do that for the older one after he is vaxxed up. I'm thinking not, but we haven't gotten an answer yet. It is definitely an incentive to doctor the 4 year old's birth certificate if the answer is no more potential exposure quarantines for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Mine are 7 and 4. The 7 year old will be getting his tomorrow after school. The four year old was just home 10 days for a quarantine from exposure at school (he ended up fine, but drove u crazy). I've been trying to find out if they will do that for the older one after he is vaxxed up. I'm thinking not, but we haven't gotten an answer yet. It is definitely an incentive to doctor the 4 year old's birth certificate if the answer is no more potential exposure quarantines for him.
    We just had the 5 year old (I know I just said 8 and 6, but he just turned 6 and he was quarantined while 5) quarantined for a few days due to an exposure at aftercare. The aftercare is more stringent on quarantine so he is actually still not allowed back there. But the elementary school is less stringent and he was allowed back this week. They told us that once the kid is fully vaccinated, they're allowed into school after an exposure as long as they have no symptoms.

if i was vaccinated and didn't have any pre-existing conditions and was under 40 and in good health, i'd be trying to get infected and hope some natural immunity might kick-in, even though i was infected after being vaccinated -and had already programmed my immune system.

ppl that were infected before they were vaccinated are kings. their immune system makes antibodies for the nucleocapsid (N-protein S2) which is more stable, and the vaccination attacks the spike S protein S1. additionally, ppl that attack N have cross-immunity to the common cold viruses. i'll make a guess.. ppl that have been infected with covid, will have a hard time catching a cold this winter.

this is something that everyone knows innately. natural immunity is actually better. but it's a bigger risk. but then after being vaccinated, your body never learned to make anti-bodies for the N-protein. it's like covid infection protects against colds, but cold infections don't protect against covid. so it doesn't make sense. but you are potentially reprogramming something. and it's a crucial decision for young ppl but not so much for old ppl as both immune systems are fresh. young ppl haven't learned yet while old ppl's immune system forgot! or got weaker.

it's like the movie Trading Places, having the Lobster or the Cracked-Crab, why can't we have both?

Quote Originally Posted by nullnor View Post
    if i was vaccinated and didn't have any pre-existing conditions and was under 40 and in good health, i'd be trying to get infected and hope some natural immunity might kick-in, even though i was infected after being vaccinated -and had already programmed my immune system.

ppl that were infected before they were vaccinated are kings. their immune system makes antibodies for the nucleocapsid (N-protein S2) which is more stable, and the vaccination attacks the spike S protein S1. additionally, ppl that attack N have cross-immunity to the common cold viruses. i'll make a guess.. ppl that have been infected with covid, will have a hard time catching a cold this winter.

this is something that everyone knows innately. natural immunity is actually better. but it's a bigger risk. but then after being vaccinated, your body never learned to make anti-bodies for the N-protein. it's like covid infection protects against colds, but cold infections don't protect against covid. so it doesn't make sense. but you are potentially reprogramming something. and it's a crucial decision for young ppl but not so much for old ppl as both immune systems are fresh. young ppl haven't learned yet while old ppl's immune system forgot! or got weaker.

it's like the movie Trading Places, having the Lobster or the Cracked-Crab, why can't we have both?
    Just so I understand - you would try to catch COVID so you would then develop immunity to COVID ?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

-put it in the pantry with your cupcakes