Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 1,021 to 1,026 of 1026

Thread: Covid Vaccine thread

staying up all night and overdosing on caffeine making 'Beefy Red' sores jokes to yourself is a poor strategy.

fucking caffeine.

oh man i drank too much caffeine.

i think Benji or Lassie could do a better Mission Impossible than Tom Cruise since every one of their episodes was a mini mission impossible.

i swear i'll never drink caffeine again

Former ESPN reporter Alison Williams was fired for not getting the vaccine, claiming "it may disrupt her fertility" although there's no proven side effect to do that, just more internet conspiracy theories. Dr. Alison apparently read some meme and decided to make her stand on it.

And voila, just a few days after getting canned, she signed on with noted right wing garbage spewers The Daily Caller to "expose the underside of vaccine mandates." Yeah, good luck with that career move Alison! ESPN college football sideline reporter to Daily Wire bloggist. LOL.

It's funny how all these anti-vaxxers claim some nonsense or another, religious or otherwise, but all along were closeted right-wing conspiracists.

Quote Originally Posted by nullnor View Post
    staying up all night and overdosing on caffeine making 'Beefy Red' sores jokes to yourself is a poor strategy.
    On this, we are in full agreement.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by nullnor View Post
    i really should just put a point in the ground for water but i am afraid what these junkers have buried over the last 60 years.

one thing i could never figure out is why cats prefer rain water. i think it had something specifically to do with PH, but i forgot. this happens often where you figure something out and think you can remember it but forget because you didn't write it down. yet, keep doing it.

my first impression is when an animal prefers rain water over tap water, it means there is something wrong with the tap water. but i am not complaining. cumberland farms faucet water is better than water with mosquito larva swimming around like tadpoles.
    They probably smell the chlorine.

Journeyman
    It soon will be 6 months since I had my last CV-19 shot so I will be eligible for a booster. I've been listening to the concerns about whether to aspirate during the shot and decided to do some brief research. I went into this wanting to have my shot aspirated. I think I understand why this is not generally done now but since there is a possibility of significant risk to my health and since it is a simple and quick process to do the aspiration, I still want it done. The potential risk is not only Myocarditis but also Thrombosis. I know that we dont know definitively whether this is a real problem or not but some jurisdictions are concerned enough that they require the shot to be aspirated when given (Denmark and Hong Kong). And some vaccinated people have developed Myocarditis or Thrombosis and some of them died from one of these.

Some have said that there are risks to doing the aspiration but the only one I've seen mentioned is the possibility of more soreness afterward because the needle might get moved around more. I'll gladly risk having a sore shoulder for a few more days to avoid getting a serious health problem, or maybe even dying. Other objections to aspiration are that 1) even if the needle is in a small vein there still may be no blood evident when you aspirate and 2) even if there is blood evident after aspiration the needle may not be in a vein. I dont see how #2 could possibly be true and I am very skeptical of this. Re: #1, there still is no harm to the aspiration other than you havent necessarily prevented what you were trying to prevent from happening.

Since aspiration no longer is generally taught to the personnel administering the shot, I thought I might have trouble getting someone to do it. Since the appointments mostly are done online, I decided to ask about this in person at some nearby places that are giving the vaccine. At one place (a drugstore), they didnt even know what aspiration was (not a good start). At the 2nd place (a supermarket), the guy I asked said he didnt generally aspirate but could if I requested it. Great! But different techs are on duty at different times so I wont know whether the tech that gives me my shot is trained to aspirate until I come. I made an appointment for this Saturday.

Personally, until we find out more about this, I think vaccination facilities should be prepared to aspirate a shot if the patient asks for it. Only takes a second and there's no risk that I know of other than a sorer shoulder for a longer period of time. Let me say that even if you cant find a tech that will aspirate your shot, it still is much better to get the shot since the risk of the unvaccinated getting CV-19 is definitive and is much higher than these possible, or any other, complications.
    Last edited by rhd; 10-25-2021 at 10:49 PM.