No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nullnor, if you think you have had COVID twice, my hope if you can get an antibody test to prove it. If that is the case, you should have good natural immunity. While I think everyone should get vaxxed for the greater good, there is compelling evidence that those who have had a significant infection already have natural immunity that in some cases is greater than vaccination. If that is the case for you, it puts you on much firmer ground for not seeing the point of getting vaxxed. Finding out for sure might make you feel better about your risks going forward.

Of all the reasons people give for not getting vaxxed, I find proof of recent prior infection the most compelling. I have not found good, solid arguments for the necessity of those folks being mandated to get vaxxed, other than just the hssle involved with those folks proving they have had a recent infection. On the other hand, I also do not see the harm and would do it myself if I was being mandated to do so. There is evidence that a vaccination after infection had an additive benefit, like a booster shot.

Comment

• it is true, being unvaccinated is a stupid hill to die on.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        it is true, being unvaccinated is a stupid hill to die on.
        litterally
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• it's almost like that one biology class i took in community college seemed to pay off. although, during the fetal pig dissecting stage i refused to show up for a week. i think all i missed was the smell of rotting flesh and female lab partners making fetal pig penis jokes. the teacher told me missing it dropped my grade from an A to C. which is reasonable.

one of my problems in school was i would sit there and not take notes thinking i would remember everything. and then during the test i would forget. yet, i kept doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            litterally
            Johnny Litterally was the squadron spotter he brought us in real low. but he couldn't handle it...Johnny couldn't handle it? was Johnny one of your crew? right. Buddy was the bombardier. but it was Striker who couldn't handle it, and he went to pieces. ..Over Macho Grande?

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              Johnny Litterally was the squadron spotter he brought us in real low. but he couldn't handle it...Johnny couldn't handle it? was Johnny one of your crew? right. Buddy was the bombardier. but it was Striker who couldn't handle it, and he went to pieces. ..Over Macho Grande?
              Johnny couldn't handle the truth?
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• i am really psyched because i discovered the outside water faucet is back on at cumberland farms. i thought they turned it off 6 months ago because someone thought they saw a homeless person filling up water jugs and said something. hehe. but apparently i overthought it, and nobody gave a shit about someone stealing water. i splurged and drank 10 cups of coffee tonight. i decided it was my way of quitting alcohol. and it's not even the caffeine, although it gets you wired. and really colors your teeth black. but it's really the act of just drinking something addictive as compensation. soda probably works too. it's a good idea to take a 325mg aspirin, just in case.

Comment

• i really should just put a point in the ground for water but i am afraid what these junkers have buried over the last 60 years.

one thing i could never figure out is why cats prefer rain water. i think it had something specifically to do with PH, but i forgot. this happens often where you figure something out and think you can remember it but forget because you didn't write it down. yet, keep doing it.

my first impression is when an animal prefers rain water over tap water, it means there is something wrong with the tap water. but i am not complaining. cumberland farms faucet water is better than water with mosquito larva swimming around like tadpoles.

Comment

• you can keep pumping caffeine indefinitely and still fall asleep because it will still make you crash even when you are still at maximum level.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Johnny couldn't handle the truth?
                      Johnny was on the spot, which means he was the spotter. Buddy was the bombardier. but it was Striker who couldn't handle it, and he went to pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        nullnor, if you think you have had COVID twice, my hope if you can get an antibody test to prove it. If that is the case, you should have good natural immunity. While I think everyone should get vaxxed for the greater good, there is compelling evidence that those who have had a significant infection already have natural immunity that in some cases is greater than vaccination. If that is the case for you, it puts you on much firmer ground for not seeing the point of getting vaxxed. Finding out for sure might make you feel better about your risks going forward.

Of all the reasons people give for not getting vaxxed, I find proof of recent prior infection the most compelling. I have not found good, solid arguments for the necessity of those folks being mandated to get vaxxed, other than just the hssle involved with those folks proving they have had a recent infection. On the other hand, I also do not see the harm and would do it myself if I was being mandated to do so. There is evidence that a vaccination after infection had an additive benefit, like a booster shot.
                        from what i heard in order to obtain an antibody test you have to produce identification and they log you as being infected in a national database. which sounds too odd to be true.

not that there is anything wrong with that. if it was true. really.

Comment

• antibodies would be one way to prove prior infection but they also say it's not the best indicator of future immunity. you could have low levels after waning but still produce a strong antibody response upon reinfection challenge.

what would be nice is having your genes sequenced and than having a gene sequencing card proving you have genes that prevent infection. but then i think that would be eugenics. and you don't want to go there.

Comment

• in other breaking news, Austria announced if ICU capacity reaches 600 or 1/3 capacity, unvaccinated can only leave their house for specific reasons.

i never understood why everything is always breaking news since all the news can't be breaking news at once.

i thought Austria was a big country. i'll take the over on 600 beds. yet if it's a pandemic of the unvaccinated, and they can't leave their house, how can they fill up ICU's.

Comment

• i always liked the 1993 Cuba Gooding movie Daybreak.

In 1993, a sexually transmitted epidemic rages across the country, and the totalitarian government rounds up those suspected of infection to be placed in quarantine and left to die. The oppressive measures, which include patrols of streets gangs looking for those infected, spark massive outrage-fueled protests. Soon a leader, Torch (Cuba Gooding Jr.), and a fiery fellow freedom fighter, Blue (Moira Kelly), unify the revolt to throw off the government's extreme measures.

i'd watch it again, but i would be afraid it doesn't age well.

in other breaking news there is a sexually transmitted flesh eating bacteria causing 'Beefy Red' sores.

it's irritating when ppl quote the news. it makes my 'Beefy Red' sores hurt.

not to be confused with the 2009 movie Daybreakers. that's a kickass vampire movie.

Comment

• i think it's official, i've gone crazy.

so the biggest debate ever is who is better Benji or Lassie? i think benji was smarter than lassie. but i have no proof to back it up.

i think i was less annoying as a drunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X