Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I feel a bit beat today. Tired, head is a bit foggy. A tiny bit nauseous. Might just be a bad allergy day. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.
    Sounds like my reaction to the second shot. I didn't have the nausea, but my head was more than a bit foggy (then again, some might argue it's always like that). It passed after a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      How are you doing?

My 25 year old daughter had her second shot Monday. Her arm hurt and she was feeling tired. Today she is in bed feeling sick. She is being a trooper but not too happy about it.
      Daughter was feeling much better last night. Still some stomach issues but almost through it.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Sounds like my reaction to the second shot. I didn't have the nausea, but my head was more than a bit foggy (then again, some might argue it's always like that). It passed after a day.
        yeah, I feel mostly better today. had some night sweats last night, but feel decent now.

A friend told me to take some Tylenol after getting the shot to help with the sore arm. It helped a ton. I couldn't lift my arm over my head the day after the first one, but this one was much better.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Read something yesterday about J&J having issues with one of their manufacturing sites and prayed that it was one of their own, and not their partner's plant. Phew!
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I had my 1st shot yesterday morning around 9. Worked my normal shift, off at 6 pm, auction started at 7, ran through ~12:30 - worked on cbs rosters until about 1:30 am, slept until 6:30, and back at work. No adverse effects. Pfizer shot.

3 moderna's in my office took a day off to recoup after their 1st shot.

Comment

• Finally got my 1st shot today (Moderna). No unusual effects, just a slightly sore arm.

Comment

• Earliest appointment I could get was for April 25th. My wife will get hers the week after. She was gonna get it the same day, but thought it would be better to stagger them in case they fatigue us, as we have two insanely hyper young boys to contend with. It didn't say which one it is, but I assume Pfizer, as the follow up shot is 3 weeks after the first for both of us, and that seems to be the most common vaccine in our area.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                  Our shot 2 is scheduled for the 20th also. No issues at all with the first one. Barely some tenderness at the injection site. That's all. Oh, the shot itself was so bland I didn't realize she had given it to me until she was putting on the bandaid.
                  I felt it but got no bandaid even tho I am on blood thinner because of Afib ( which I was in the day of the shot). No side effects except a little discomfort in the arm - no pain. Got tired but I don’t know if that was because of the Afib or the fact I get up at 3 to go to work. I did have covid in December so I thought maybe I would have some side effects.

Comment

• First shot scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm. Then a MONTH till the 2nd shot.....
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      First shot scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm. Then a MONTH till the 2nd shot.....
                      Sounds like Moderna. All the best!
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Sounds like Moderna. All the best!
                        I'll be safe by the time you visit, just don't show up in an SUV
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• First shot scheduled for Wednesday at 10am

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            First shot scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm. Then a MONTH till the 2nd shot.....
                            A bit sore and achy, but nothing a short nap didn't cure. Now we wait.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I might be one of the only people in the world that will say, when you analyze the laws of nature, it's almost fool proof. except for the capacity for doomsday nuclear weapons, there's totally checks and balances to wiping ourselves out. even if we fucked with a virus and it backfires, natures not looking to screw us over. she wants us. even some Frankenstein thing created will just follow the rules of nature afterwards. Serengeti.

it always comes down to one question for me, were the dinosaurs more interesting than us? I mean, dinosaurs are pretty cool, right. why would you want to replace dinosaurs with man? some of them were we'll on their way to a decent brain to body weight ratio. and the ones that did sort of had hands and were becoming mammals.

still, to replace dinosaurs with humans seems like a luxury of wealth.
                              Last edited by ; 04-06-2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• damn I accidentally edit my previous post.

SARS-CoV-2 RNA reverse-transcribed and integrated into the human genome https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...12.12.422516v1 the jury is still out on whether this virus is writing to DNA. which means it lasts for ever. even if it escaped, we did it to ourselves. and now we put our hopes in the very scientific people that bent us over. I am not saying it's bad science, or productive, but at least recognize the circular logic. which makes me look like a fanatic.

we are relying on the same institutions that potentially T-Boned us. at least be like, you know, thanks a lot... our best hope is like, it just disappears magically in 100 years. worst case scenario it recombines with MERS.

it's sad. everything they said is coming true. and there's no call to even think about monitoring GOF experiments. we just got fucked, naturally or artificially, and no-one really cares. OMG, the worst thing that can happen is the malls might close 800 clothing stores.

and now we are like Michael Jackson, wearing a surgical mask in public. but if you narrow it down it's not really a bad choice. go out to Maine or Canada and trap your own food, or wear a mask. the latter sounds a lot easier. heh

Comment

Working...
                                X