Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Covid Vaccine thread

My mother in law is nervous--we pushed her into the vaccine and she just got the J and J. The timing of the pause--no way she would have gotten it after this pause, assuming it is lifted. I told her the issue is super rare.

Conservatives: Covid is overblown, only has a 1.7% death rate!

Also conservatives: The JnJ vaccine led to blood clots in 0.00000088% of cases! WE TOLD YOU IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Also conservatives: The JnJ vaccine led to blood clots in 0.00000088% of cases! WE TOLD YOU IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!
    Is this a Facebook meme or something? Because every conservative site/author I'm reading is condemning the government for shutting down vaccine distribution on a six case issue out of seven million doses - National Review, Powerline, David Bernstein, RedState are the ones I've seen so far.

And I'm getting my second Pfizer dose today.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    So my mother in law just passed away about a week and a half ago. She suffered a massive stroke in February, exactly three weeks to the day after she received the vaccine. She was able to get the second dose when she was discharged from the hospital and went into a long-term care facility. Three weeks to the day after the second dose, she passed away. Scans showed a "probable" diagnosis of pancreatic cancer as well, but they were not able to biopsy to confirm it. Now my wife thinks it was the vaccine. We are both fully vaccinated, so it's not like we're avoiding getting the vaccine, but the timing has really freaked her out.

Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    So my mother in law just passed away about a week and a half ago. She suffered a massive stroke in February, exactly three weeks to the day after she received the vaccine. She was able to get the second dose when she was discharged from the hospital and went into a long-term care facility. Three weeks to the day after the second dose, she passed away. Scans showed a "probable" diagnosis of pancreatic cancer as well, but they were not able to biopsy to confirm it. Now my wife thinks it was the vaccine. We are both fully vaccinated, so it's not like we're avoiding getting the vaccine, but the timing has really freaked her out.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Whether or not hundreds of millions of people are vaccinated there are going to be strokes, heart attacks, etc...I can understand how when it happens to you it might feel like the vaccine caused it.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Whether or not hundreds of millions of people are vaccinated there are going to be strokes, heart attacks, etc...I can understand how when it happens to you it might feel like the vaccine caused it.
    Oh, for sure. I don't think it was anything more than a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I think there would be no way not to be freaked out to some degree over the timing of her death. Whether such things are a coincidence or not, it is natural to think they are not, especially when they hit us personally.

does anyone think this is the apocalypse? or is it just another time in human history where the shit really hit the fan and naturally everyone overreacted. like 500AD when two volcanos erupted and the sun didn't shine for 560 days, in addition to bubonic plague in circulation and people being weak in vitamin D from no sun. imagine how crazy such a time or combination of events would be. yet, no apocalypse happened. life went on eventually like it always does.

I am a cowboy. we all are. if you are American, you're a cowboy. like me, you wait until the very last minute, right before the shit hits the fan, to do your thing, and rescure everybody. that's what we do. that's what you do and that's what all of us does. we take all the tools that we have and learned and somehow miraculously bail ourselves out.

yet it kind of goes against the whole idea of prevention is the best healthcare. but that's the world. it's like how Nietzsche says a man only learns how to build his house until after he is finished. it's how everything works. it's how cause and effect and how physics works.

for some reason I find it sort of comforting. that means your best efforts are always yet to come. so everyone in life has that to look forward to. which is nice. hope.