Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    And now Yates is officially a Blue Jay
    The Jays have some pieces for a pretty formidable bullpen now - Yates closing, Romano, Dolis, and Bass setting up, Stripling and Borucki for multi-inning duty. Not a lot of big names, but that looks awfully solid to me.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      The Jays have some pieces for a pretty formidable bullpen now - Yates closing, Romano, Dolis, and Bass setting up, Stripling and Borucki for multi-inning duty. Not a lot of big names, but that looks awfully solid to me.
      yeah, we're just missing a loogy ... Tim Mayza has a free pass onto the roster unless someone else gets signed
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        yeah, we're just missing a loogy ... Tim Mayza has a free pass onto the roster unless someone else gets signed
        Aren't loogy's gone with the 3 batter minimum?

Comment

3 batters or end an inning, que no?
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Rotoworld just added that Toronto is in on Brad Hand, too. If that's for real, that will be an extremely formidable bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Si, estas en lo correcto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                I guess that makes them a Lefty One Out Guy Who Comes In Only With Two Outs And Continues Pitching If They Don't Get That One Hitter Out.

LOOGWCIOWTOACPITDGTOHO

Too many letters for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I guess that makes them a Lefty One Out Guy Who Comes In Only With Two Outs And Continues Pitching If They Don't Get That One Hitter Out.

LOOGWCIOWTOACPITDGTOHO

Too many letters for my taste.
                  um, you have no idea what a field of land mines you just stepped in. I'll give you a bit of time to exit gracefully, in spite of your mischaracterizations. you are one step forward away from stepping on a really big one.

#BOOM
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    um, you have no idea what a field of land mines you just stepped in. I'll give you a bit of time to exit gracefully, in spite of your mischaracterizations. you are one step forward away from stepping on a really big one.

#BOOM
                    I see what you did there

Comment

Hand signs with the Nats, which caught a couple of people by surprise (and by people, I mean me). A double whammy for the Mets.

(I guess this means my $3 Daniel Hudson is no longer a keeper.)
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Changing from what Gregg originally asked, it seems a lot of us are buying somewhere from partially to entirely into speculative closers on the cheap. I haven't done my analysis yet, but if the Cubs are foolish enough to go back to Kimbrel, I'll be all over the closer in waiting there.
                        Last season, I FAABed Jeffress at $8 and kept Wick at $3 (per your astute advice). Going into this season, I may not know what to do with them until late in spring training.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          Last season, I FAABed Jeffress at $8 and kept Wick at $3 (per your astute advice). Going into this season, I may not know what to do with them until late in spring training.
                          I think Kimbrel is probably underrated. He deserved that bad BABIP last year and he walked 7 per 9... and yet... he also had 16 K/9 and his velocity was slightly improved. His FIP was 3.97 and his xFIP was 3.79... and while I know that's skewed by his crazy K rate, it's still intriguing. The Cubs would probably love to have him close for a while and be useful enough to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            Hand signs with the Nats, which caught a couple of people by surprise (and by people, I mean me).
                            I read that three times before I realized you were talking about Brad Hand. The original context had me thinking we had another sign stealing scandal.

Comment

Alex Colome to the Twins, likely to close. Breaks the heart of Taylor Rogers owners everywhere.

Joakim Soria to the D-Backs, likely to close. Sorry, Stefan Crichton owners, but at least you didn't pay much.

Sean Doolittle to the Reds, giving them another lefty and freeing Amir Garrett to work the 9th. Though you probably still see a mix of Sims and Garrett.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Yeah, I added Diaz and a couple others that I had missed. Hader really scares me. Handcuffing him to Williams is a crazy high price (like two top 12 round picks for one closer?).
                                Isn't the combination of Hader and Williams the equivalent of a top tier SP, just with Saves instead of Wins? One system projects the following combined stats for them: 10W, 41S, 153 IP, 234K, 2.57 ERA, 0.96 WHIP. That's like getting deGrom's stats in his 2018 & 2019 Cy Young seasons...plus adding Saves to the mix. I'd gladly take that for the cost of a 5th plus a 12th round pick.
                                2021 Auction Anatomy
                                2021 Keeper Decisions
                                2020 Auction Anatomy
                                2020 Pre-Auction
                                2015 Auction Anatomy
                                2014 Auction Anatomy
                                2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Working...
                                X