Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    ETA-
    I think Bass should be in the coin flip category with Garcia and Floro and even Curtiss.

I think also the Phillies situation with Bradley, Neris, Kintzler, Alvarado is a coin flip.

ETA again-
    Nobody actually believes in Will Smith as a full time closer, right?
    Agreed
    Agreed
    Nope

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I think he's safer than Holland and Bard, and while you could be right, the fact is in three of the four prior seasons he was garbage and left for dead.

Rosenthal:
      2014 - 45 saves = top 5 closer
      2015 - 48 saves = top 5 closer
      2016 - blew up in June & lost closer job to rookie Seunghwan Oh = bad numbers
      2017 - shared closer job with Oh & TJ surgery in August = good numbers prior
      2018 - rehab = didn't pitch
      2019 - rehab return + illness = bad numbers
      2020 - revived corpse = good numbers

So, i think that there was good reason for him to look like garbage those couple of years. Not sure what happened in 2016.

And the A's think he is worth $11 million for one season.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I think I'd classify them like this:

Sure Things
        Hader
        Chapman
        Hendriks

Solid but Could Still Falter
        Hand
        Yates
        Jansen
        Iglesias
        Colome

Has the Job, But Could be Replaced with a Couple of Blowups
        Diaz
        Pressly
        Soria
        Montero

We *Think* He Has the Job
        Smith
        Karinchak
        Rodriguez
        Harvey
        McGee

Has the Job But Really Isn't Very Good
        Kimbrel
        Barnes
        LeClerc

Revived Corpses
        Rosenthal
        Holland
        Bard

Flip a Coin
        STL - Gallegos, Hicks
        SD - Pomeranz, Melancon, Kela, Pagan
        TB - Anderson, Castillo
        CIN - Garrett, Doolittle, Sims
        MIA - Bass, Garcia, Floro, Curtis
        PHI - Bradley, Neris, Alvarado

Giants still exist. I know they aren't very good. Moronta/McGee/Rogers?

Comment

• I'd put Kenley in at least the third tier, maybe lower.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• In my 12 team NL-only, I have Pomeranz ($1), Floro ($1), Wick ($3), D.Hudson ($3), and Jeffress ($8). There are about 3 1/2 weeks until roster freeze and I don’t know what to do about that motley crew. Last season I finished first in the saves category...but if I kept everyone in that group, I could easily finish last in the saves category this season.

The good and bad news is that Jansen, Soria, Bass, Bradley and Hand are all available in the auction. But figuring out whom to target is likely to result in sleepless nights, cold sweats and severe headaches.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
              In my 12 team NL-only, I have Pomeranz ($1), Floro ($1), Wick ($3), D.Hudson ($3), and Jeffress ($8). There are about 3 1/2 weeks until roster freeze and I don’t know what to do about that motley crew. Last season I finished first in the saves category...but if I kept everyone in that group, I could easily finish last in the saves category this season.

The good and bad news is that Jansen, Soria, Bass, Bradley and Hand are all available in the auction. But figuring out whom to target is likely to result in sleepless nights, cold sweats and severe headaches.
              As someone who is in your league and who also needs saves, I encourage you to be completely transparent as to who you are targeting in this category

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Giants still exist. I know they aren't very good. Moronta/McGee/Rogers?
                I have McGee in the We Think He Has the Job tier.

Comment

ah- why are there only 29 teams listed? who is missing? I thought it was SF, must be someone else
                  Any why do we think McGee has it? I've seen committee

Comment

Same tier as my brother
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      As someone who is in your league and who also needs saves, I encourage you to be completely transparent as to who you are targeting in this category
                      You know...thinking it through, what does it matter? I need saves...you need saves. Are you really going to bid me up on my preferred target and risk getting stuck as I shift to another pitcher? Of course, among that esteemed group, does a preferred target really exist???

(Now, Phineas to Ferb/Mr. X would definitely bid me up. LOL!!!)
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        ah- why are there only 29 teams listed? who is missing? I thought it was SF, must be someone else
                        Any why do we think McGee has it? I've seen committee
                        Ah, the Tigers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          In my 12 team NL-only, I have Pomeranz ($1), Floro ($1), Wick ($3), D.Hudson ($3), and Jeffress ($8). There are about 3 1/2 weeks until roster freeze and I don’t know what to do about that motley crew. Last season I finished first in the saves category...but if I kept everyone in that group, I could easily finish last in the saves category this season.
                          I can't see Jeffress getting in front of Hand and Hudson and maybe not even Harris for saves, so I'd jettison him. Given how vocal the Cubs are about trotting Kimbrel out there, I'd let Wick go, too. I'd absolutely keep Pomeranz - he'll get some saves and that combined with his K rate and ratios make him and easy keep, IMO. I'd be inclined to keep Hudson, too. Floro comes down to opportunity cost - do you want to tie up the pitching slot or not?
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that free agent closer Roberto Osuna (elbow) will hold a showcase on Friday, March 12 in the Dominican Republic.

Heyman adds that Osuna, who is attempting to pitch through a partially torn UCL, has been talking to teams this offseason. The 26-year-old righty elected free agency after passing through waivers unclaimed back in October. He was projected to earn roughly $10 million in salary arbitration before being non-tendered by the Astros.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ah, the Tigers.
                              Should have left out the Rays instead. They just don't use a closer.

Comment

• I think the Giants move to add Jose Alvarez yesterday is a tip to them planning on using McGee as their primary closer this year. Alvarez joins Selman, Peralta, and Garcia as lefties already on the roster and candidates to open the season in the pen.

Comment

Working...
                                X