Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2K21 Closer thread

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Piney Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    This might not be exact, but I believe the Old RJ crew sold the site to another group of guys who were supposed to run it/merge it with their stuff, but that never happened. When Jason and the new guys decided to try and bring RJ back, they couldn't get the original website/domain name (and all the old content) without paying a big dollar ransom, so they relaunched as RJ Fix. Anyhow, some of us are still here for baseball, even though much of what we used to get special from RJ is now somewhat commonly available lots of places, but we still get some tidbits from each other now and then--like your analysis of that RP sequence today--it's stuff like that which gives all of us still he a slight edge on the competition.

Also, Jason and crew recently sold the site to Todd Zola and Masterball but unlike the previous sale, Todd has pledged to keep things as is and enhance the site and content when and how he can.

I might be off on some details and those IN the know can set em straight if they want to.

Welcome back and don't spend too much on Devenski in tonight's FAAB!
    Exactly. Rotojunkie was bought by Fanball and they did nothing with us and would not release the site back to us. Hence the new name.

Lord Zola is the Supreme Funklord and we look forward to the funk.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    A's manager Bob Melvin acknowledged Wednesday that Trevor Rosenthal (shoulder) may need surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Karinchak gets 1 out in the 7th of a tie game. Clase takes care of the 8th in a tie game. Wittgren now on for the save chance after the Jose Ramirez bomb. This is the first save chance for Cleveland this season.

ETA: Wittgren gets it done in 8 pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Karinchak gets 1 out in the 7th of a tie game. Clase takes care of the 8th in a tie game. Wittgren now on for the save chance after the Jose Ramirez bomb. This is the first save chance for Cleveland this season.

ETA: Wittgren gets it done in 8 pitches.
    A couple of notes (I was watching the last few innings):
    The final out was Michael Taylor hitting a ball to the warning track in left centre that Wittgren thought was gone - the look on his face when he saw it caught was great
    Clase was dealing - 100 consistently on the outside while dropping in a few curves

Rookie League
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    A couple of notes (I was watching the last few innings):
    The final out was Michael Taylor hitting a ball to the warning track in left centre that Wittgren thought was gone - the look on his face when he saw it caught was great
    Clase was dealing - 100 consistently on the outside while dropping in a few curves
    yea but those 3 KC hitters were swinging at Clase's breaking stuff that was way outside the strike zone. A better disciplined hitter would likely have fared better. he faced Santana .211, Perez .211 and Soler .133 ave.

Chris Devenski has been placed on the restricted list for personal reasons according to the Diamondbacks and is not COVID related.
    No further details were given at this time. Devenski's velocity was noticeably down during his outing on Tuesday with a more than five-mile-per-hour drop in his fastball and changeup, but this seems to be unrelated to performance. More to come.

SOURCE: Zach Buchanan on Twitter
    Apr 7, 2021, 8:31 PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Chris Devenski has been placed on the restricted list for personal reasons according to the Diamondbacks and is not COVID related.
    No further details were given at this time. Devenski's velocity was noticeably down during his outing on Tuesday with a more than five-mile-per-hour drop in his fastball and changeup, but this seems to be unrelated to performance. More to come.

SOURCE: Zach Buchanan on Twitter
    Apr 7, 2021, 8:31 PM ET
    I didnt think someone could be placed on the restricted list for an injury...? I thought it was for DUIs and domestic violence and stuff like that

I know they confiscated a ball from Trevor Bauers start, maybe it's something similar?

Totally guessing here
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I didnt think someone could be placed on the restricted list for an injury...? I thought it was for DUIs and domestic violence and stuff like that
    And also, a 5mph drop in velocity?

not assuming this is for this particular player, but all sports are trying to get away from Neanderthal thinking on mental health issues. and that's not the only possible variable. this is not a suspension
    have entered 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5 in 2021, after a year off
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

playing for 2022 - or am I?

SP Nola 32, TWalker 10, Gant 2, Weaver
    P Price 3, Lindblom
    RP Knebel, Rainey, Minter
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B Fuentes 13, 2B Segura 17, SS TTurner 44, CI ERios 2, MI Gregorius 17
    OF Blackmon 32, Pollock 17, Cain 14, Daza 1, DuFowler, UT Solano 2

DL - SP SGray 16, SP Carrasco 16, SP KHKim 2, RP Soria 4, RP Graterol 4, OF Bader 1