2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Chris Devenski has been placed on the restricted list for personal reasons according to the Diamondbacks and is not COVID related.
    No further details were given at this time. Devenski's velocity was noticeably down during his outing on Tuesday with a more than five-mile-per-hour drop in his fastball and changeup, but this seems to be unrelated to performance. More to come.

SOURCE: Zach Buchanan on Twitter
    Apr 7, 2021, 8:31 PM ET
    Any word about what this is yet? I wasted $11 FAAB on him last Sunday. Trying to figure out if I should cut my losses and drop him for tomorrow night's FAAB. Probably no way to know.

Comment

• you probably need to be like any real-life GM - you extend the extra effort for the stud talent, but he clearly is not that.

a shaky play even without this issue - whatever it may be. if you see a shinier object, might well be worth a bid.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
        Any word about what this is yet? I wasted $11 FAAB on him last Sunday. Trying to figure out if I should cut my losses and drop him for tomorrow night's FAAB. Probably no way to know.
        Nope, no word whatsoever.

Comment

• Anyone have a read on the Pittsburgh pen?
          I have Rodriguez at $9 and Crick at $1, but have also picked up Bednar $10 (FAAB) as insurance. I am now heading Stratton might be next in line. Argh!

I figure Rodriguez is the guy until he’s traded. Would like to drop some of the backups but hope to make a smart call. Anyone have a read?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Anyone have a read on the Pittsburgh pen?
            I have Rodriguez at $9 and Crick at $1, but have also picked up Bednar $10 (FAAB) as insurance. I am now heading Stratton might be next in line. Argh!

I figure Rodriguez is the guy until he’s traded. Would like to drop some of the backups but hope to make a smart call. Anyone have a read?
            Of all the bullpens to try and lock down in the league, you chose Pittsburgh? Yikes. I would just roll with Rodriguez until it isnt anymore, take your handful of saves and stop investing in that bullpen.

Comment

I don't think they're particularly committed to Rodriguez but I think he's still the guy I'd want for now. Bednar is a great story - he's a local kid - and his ST numbers were insane. I think Stratton or Crick could go before him.

Comment

Crick, like Rodriguez is arbitration eligible after this season. So, the cheap Pirates may look to deal both of them if they can get a washed up prospect or two. Stratton is not very good. I think the Pirates would like to see Bednar seize the job after the trade deadline so their fans can at least see some kind of small return on the Musgrove deal. If the Pirates can't deal Crick, they probably will want to keep him in the 8th inning to lower his arbitration cost. So, Bednar looks like a good bet for August/September.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                  Still no word n Devenski @ 4/12?

Comment

• Originally posted by southcoast View Post
                    Still no word n Devenski @ 4/12?
                    They still have not announced anything and nothing has leaked.

Comment

• Blue Jays placed RP Julian Merryweather on the 10-day IL with a left oblique strain.

Back to the cheese.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Blue Jays placed RP Julian Merryweather on the 10-day IL with a left oblique strain.

Back to the cheese.
                        seems there's a natural trade opportunity with the Brewers ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          seems there's a natural trade opportunity with the Brewers ...
                          Before the season started, Hader could definitely have been had, though at a pretty steep cost. Given how good their top three SPs look, compounded with Devin Williams being in total disarray right now, I'm beginning to wonder if the store is closed on Hader for the time being.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Before the season started, Hader could definitely have been had, though at a pretty steep cost. Given how good their top three SPs look, compounded with Devin Williams being in total disarray right now, I'm beginning to wonder if the store is closed on Hader for the time being.
                            It should be, given the dominance of their starters. Right now, they're a dark horse candidate for the pennant.

Comment

• you guys know that madducks & I were just playing with the name, right? (Jordan Romano ... Milwaukee ... )
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                you guys know that madducks & I were just playing with the name, right? (Jordan Romano ... Milwaukee ... )
                                but wait, Romano cheese is Italian and made from sheep's milk. Sounds like something Wisconsin would be totally against

ETA: OK I take it back!!!

Raving over romano from Wisconsin
                                When you want a real romano, look to Wisconsin. We've been making Italian-style cheeses for over 175 years, ever since our Italian immigrant ancestors showed up in the dairy lands of Wisconsin with little more than their favorite recipes from the homeland. Today, our 1,200 cheesemakers make one-quarter of all the cheese produced in the U.S., and nearly one-half of all artisan cheese, including a romano to rave about.

Comment

Working...
                                X