2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I am assuming for Clase, which is true. But Karinchak was filthy last year. I have both and Karinchak is the guy I want in the roll. His K rate is just bonkers, and he has tamed his walks this year so far too.
    yes, karinchuk has been fantastic. quietly, chapman has arguably been better (still hasn't given up a run)

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      yes, karinchuk has been fantastic. quietly, chapman has arguably been better (still hasn't given up a run)
      His -0.18 FIP is quite a stat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        Not sure quietly or arguably need to be in this sentence.

Comment

• Reds trail 10-1 in the 5th today when my new "closer" Hembree - as of two hours earlier - is handed a bucket and a mop and sent to the mound.
          a sullen Hembree allows 4 runs - proving he has that "true closer mentality" of only thriving in a save situation, I guess.

why do I bother with the Reds bullpen
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Michael Fulmer has pitched the 9th inning in the Tigers last 3 victories and gotten a win + 2 saves.
            Fulmer gives up a Whitfield leadoff single in the 9th and then Carlos Santana says, "I'm winning" with the walkoff 2-run homer. It's Fulmer's first blown save in 5 opportunities.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Aroldis Chapman blows his first save in 12 opportunities by giving up his first run on an Andrew Vaughn homer. The Yankees got him the win instead.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• BREAKING: DBacks led 4-2 in the 8th, so here comes..... Closer Crichton?
                he threw one pitch on Saturday - a game-losing HR.
                rests for 3 days, and there he is.

allows a leadoff double, gets 2 outs, but the DBacks go to a lefty - who makes his MGR look like a buffoon by allowing a game-tying 2-run HR to a PH and then a go-ahead HR to an AAAA guy.

bottom line: Soria has thrown 4.3 scoreless in 5 appearances in the last 2 weeks, after showing some rust when he returned after a month on the IL.
                pretty clear he was the show pony for tonight's SV until the AZ bullpen screwed the pooch.
                is Crichton extinct as closer?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• I think it's silly that the public didn't figure out immediately, before the season started, that Yimi Garcia would be the closer for the Marlins. a simple research of his numbers showed he was a good RP pitcher. how the fucking Dodgers let him go i'll never know, especially when they were having problems finding reliable RP during his tenure.

Comment

• mlb.com:

Daniel Bard is still the Rockies’ closer, but manager Bud Black allowed that there is room for Carlos Estévez to receive ninth-inning opportunities.

Estévez has helped his prospects for further opportunities in two outings since his return from a right middle finger injury -- especially Monday night, when he fanned two and left the tying run at second base in the Rockies' 3-2 victory over the Mets.

Black said Bard, 5-for-8 on save chances, is still the closer when “rested and ready to go.” But Black has confidence in Estévez, who has yielded one unearned run, limited opponents to a .148 batting average and on-base percentage, and has nine strikeouts and no walks in his past seven games (eight innings).

“We feel as though with his frequency of how his arm is, how he’s been pitching, that’s probably the way we’ll go – with Daniel as the ninth-inning guy, for now,” Black said. “But that’s one of the reasons why I shot Carlos in there last night. He’s capable of pitching the ninth inning, as well. Hopefully, his recent performance continues.

“He’s had just a couple of outings since coming back from a pulley finger [tendon injury] but I really like the way he was throwing prior to that. Potentially he could be the guy. I don’t think we’re going to juggle them, per se. In a perfect world if they’re both rested and ready to go, Daniel as of now would be the preferred choice to pitch the ninth inning.”

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• J.P. Feyereisen has gotten 3 saves for the Rays since being acquired for Willy Adames 10 days ago.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

J.P. Feyereisen has gotten 3 saves for the Rays since being acquired for Willy Adames 10 days ago.
                        F'ing Rays do it again! Man, he usurped Fairbanks pretty quickly.

Comment

J.P. Feyereisen has gotten 3 saves for the Rays since being acquired for Willy Adames 10 days ago.
                          So far, I'd say both teams are really happy with this trade
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Alex Reyes has 26 BBs in 28 IP, an 8.1 BB/9 rate. WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Alex Reyes has 26 BBs in 28 IP, an 8.1 BB/9 rate. WTF?
                              He's pumping out 97+ MPH gas with movement, and an upgraded slider. He doesn't know where they're going, but neither does the batter and so far, his stuff has looked just about unhittable.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                He's pumping out 97+ MPH gas with movement, and an upgraded slider. He doesn't know where they're going, but neither does the batter and so far, his stuff has looked just about unhittable.
                                His BB% is worse than Mitch Williams!

Comment

Working...
                                X