karinchak for Patino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I like this move. Probably more today than on Sunday when I was trying to trade for a $5 Lamet.

Lamet needs an extension unless I would want to play him out. I would normally want to give him two years to $15 and control him for the next three years. My keepers salaries would dictate that I could only give him a year to $10.

Looking at what SD is doing with their staff, reading some things that suggest he might not be ready, and possibly limiting his innings this year I am glad my trade offer was rejected.

Sometimes the best trades I make are the ones I don't.

I still like Lamet just not pre-auction this year.
    Yeah, Lamet definitely has top 20 pitcher talent and upside, and is great to watch, but the risk....

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Yeah, Lamet definitely has top 20 pitcher talent and upside, and is great to watch, but the risk....
      The owner who turned down my offer stated he thinks Lamet is top 10. He has to heal up first and then pitch a full season of innings.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        The owner who turned down my offer stated he thinks Lamet is top 10. He has to heal up first and then pitch a full season of innings.
        He has the talent to be, but I don't see a top 10 season any time soon....you have to not only be great, but be a workhorse, and I'd put the over/under on IPs for him this year at 150, even if he is healed up. Very hard to be a top 10 pitcher with 150 IPs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Ok, I am blaming you all if this goes south for me, but TW and you other guys scared me about extending Lamet, so I just traded $5 Lamet for $5 Verdugo and Patino back. I feel it is the safer bet and going safe with the best keeper list in the league is probably the way to go. But man, was Lamet fun to watch last year. I wish him well.
          I think it's a good deal for you also, and I'm not as negative on Lamet as Teenwolf is. I admittedly LOLd at trading Patino and getting him back that quickly.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X