AL Only keeper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only keeper question

11 team AL Only, 5x5 with OBP and SLG replacing BA and HR. Pitching Categories standard. I have only three keeper hitters - Mountcastle, Vlad, Kelenic, but strong pitching keepers. Can keep 0 to 3 of the 4 listed:

Severino - 6 (and then 11 next year and done). Based on past experience with pitchers with similar timing, he'll go for about 10-12 in our auction if I toss him in.

Iglesias - 6
    Tellez - 10
    L. Gurriel - 18

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

If it was my team I would cut Iglesias. I don't like his OBP (not fooled by the short season number). 31 years old doesn't help much either.

You mention you have strong pitching, that actually would make me keep the low priced Severino. The rest of the staff keeps me competitive until June 15th when he comes back. Also may give some flexibility for inseason trading.

I am keeping Gurriel at 18. I think he has upside at only 27 years old. I doubt he goes for less.

I would not keep Tellez. Just not a fan.

Comment

Severino - 6 Yes
      Iglesias - 6 Yes - I think the value is there at SS/3B
      Tellez - 10 No - tough to know his role, could be traded to NL
      L. Gurriel - 18 Yes - I think the value is there with his AVG and OBP

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I'd keep Sevvy and Gurriel for sure. I think in an 11-team AL league, Iglesias is worth 6 bucks... so it's up to you if he's worth tying up a spot for. I would not keep Rowdy unless the Jays don't add a hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          I'd keep Sevvy and Gurriel for sure. I think in an 11-team AL league, Iglesias is worth 6 bucks... so it's up to you if he's worth tying up a spot for. I would not keep Rowdy unless the Jays don't add a hitter.
          I will agree that Severino $6 + Gurriel $18 are definite keepers for me.

Between Iglesias $6 & Tellez $10, I lean towards Tellez. Iglesias is more of a known commodity. A plug with little upside, since there's no patience leading to OBP susceptibility, .380-.400 SLG, and no SB either... as well as residing 8th or 9th for LAA, likely to accrue modest counting stats.

Tellez has less PT immediately available to him, but certainly more upside. For the extra $4, I'd take Tellez's power upside. I see many more scenarios where Tellez becomes a major contributor for you than I can Iglesias.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'm keeping Tellez at $6 in 12 team AL only, so I've looked into him enough to see some optimism from looking under the hood at his hitting metrics. I've also owned him since A ball, so I'm a bit more invested. After following his development these years, I'm cautiously optimistic he's primed for a breakout.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              I'm keeping Tellez at $6 in 12 team AL only, so I've looked into him enough to see some optimism from looking under the hood at his hitting metrics. I've also owned him since A ball, so I'm a bit more invested. After following his development these years, I'm cautiously optimistic he's primed for a breakout.
              As an aside, I was shocked he was a rookie last year because I see a game in Buffalo most years and he was well known to me.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I had a brain freeze when I posted this - keeping Tellez would take my UT slot, so I'm probably going to toss him and Iglesias back in.

Teenwolf - thanks for the input. I'm going to keep an eye on Tellez in the auction. If I'm going to burn my UT slot on him, I'd at least like to get him on a fresh contract.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                X