X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
    Long time lurker, occasional poster...

Me too, closer to 15 for Gallen, 35 for Fried

Chase Field's roof is almost always closed and since the implementation of the humidor it's a better pitcher's park than Truist Park.

In general, my lean is to the MLB side of a deal. Every league has nuances, but if 2021/2022 is a window to challenge for the title, give me Gallen.
    Gracias Lord Zola. My trade partner got cold feet overnight and now wanted to swap 3 for 9 instead of 6. But I still did it...I hope someone good falls to 9. There are a top 8 imo, so I'm gonna try to trade up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Gracias Lord Zola. My trade partner got cold feet overnight and now wanted to swap 3 for 9 instead of 6. But I still did it...I hope someone good falls to 9. There are a top 8 imo, so I'm gonna try to trade up.
      At 9, worst case, I will have Austin Hendrick there. His swing looks like he will be more of a 3 outcomes kind of guy than Veen but he has as much or more power upside.

My pitching keeper list now, with all being due for extension except Plesac (scary) in my 14 teamer is Woodruff, Gallen, Plesac, Lamet, Lynn, Lopez, and I have Garcia and Keller in my minors. Pitching gets overpaid in my league, so I feel good being pretty set there without having to allocate big funds in the auction.

Comment

I gotta admit, if I were given a choice between Gallen and Hendrick versus Fried and Patino, I'd take the latter. But I admittedly like Fried more than Lord Zola and Teenwolf, and I really like Patino's upside.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I gotta admit, if I were given a choice between Gallen and Hendrick versus Fried and Patino, I'd take the latter. But I admittedly like Fried more than Lord Zola and Teenwolf, and I really like Patino's upside.
          Yeah, he got cold feet too, which helped my decision. I do like patino a lot.

ETA: Poking around, it seems as though at least two of Lacy and Hancock will fall to 9, so those are options too. I do like Lacy. I am a sucker for LHPs with great stuff.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-08-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I really like Gallen a lot more than Fried. Too late now. I think my top 3 are Tork, Kim, Gonzalez ... but I do see a big drop-off after the top two.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              I really like Gallen a lot more than Fried. Too late now. I think my top 3 are Tork, Kim, Gonzalez ... but I do see a big drop-off after the top two.
              I think I have a good shot at Gonzales at 9, and I like him a lot too, although I am shocked you rank him above Martin. What don't you like Martin?

But I've talked to most of the guys picking before me at 9, and none want Gonzalez. If I land Gonzalez at 9, I'm even happier about the deal. I know the top 5 picks will be Tork, Martin, Mitchell, Kim, Veen. Not sure about 6-8. But I'm assured of one of Gonzalez, Lacy, Hancock, Meyer, and I'm cool with that. Gallen and Gonzales (who I rank 4th) vs Fried and Veen (my 3rd) sounds good to me. I am trying to trade up to 6 to make sure I get Gonzales, but it doesn't work, one of the trio of arms will do as trade bait.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-08-2021, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                I would make that deal. I've seen some convincing takes on Fried being due for regression. Not sure how much regression, but I think he's more vulnerable than Gallen and the sweetener is worth it.

I love Gallen. I own him in dynasty and I've been considering dealing him for offense, but I love him too much. I love him because he's dominant with only a 92 MPH fastball. I read that he had the highest percentage of pitches on the black of any SP in MLB in 2020 and it starts to make more sense. Should be great for ratios, and while Fried could have a slight edge for W, I still prefer Gallen's upside. Command is a rare skill.

Concerning the pick swap, I wouldn't be bothered. Rockies aren't the best player development system, especially for a raw teenager... I see the top 2 as tier 1, 3-8 are all closer. I would need to read up more to give a full ranking, but I like the reports on Gonzalez and Lacy as possibilities at 6.

I hope this context helps.
                Great take. I agree - love me some Gallen and hope to target him this offseason. His pitches look absolutely unhittable sometimes and he has a lot of good ones.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

For what it worth Gallen went for 18 in last year 12 team NL only auction 5x5.

Comment

Prefer Gallen but Nick Gonzales likely wouldn’t be there for you. Would be a little surprised in Veen fell as well but kind of depends on how your league values pitching as I would personally take Veen over Lacy and Meyer.

Fried and Gallen are really close though so I hate tossing the pick trade as it might be more meaningful than you think.

Comment

Working...
                    X