Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,101 to 1,107 of 1107

Thread: And so it has begun

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    Honestly, it could come out that he was actually there and clubbed one of the police officers to death and i wouldn't expect it to change a single person's perspective on him or what happened. I'm glad the hearings are being held, but I would be shocked if anything comes out of them. It all just makes me sad.
    I see why people are saying that, but I donít think thatís true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I see why people are saying that, but I don’t think that’s true.
    i hope you are right.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Yup, we all knew (and some actually admitted) that Trump was/IS a grade 'A' Grifter POS who had no reason being POTUS. Yes he should/might be indicted--but I'll wager it wont happen until after the midterms.

The Dems in office (mostly) really don't give a shit outside of using this for political gain and payback. They were just given the gift of Roe vs Wade on top of Uvalde--they now sit in the sweet spot, base energized and some on the right actually inclined to agree with them on 2 very big issues (Abortion/Gun Control)--Going after Trump before the election would do nothing but energize the right to fight back. So--sure he'll be charged, but not until after the midterms.

There are indeed people who would believe that it (Trump beating a Cop) was a deep fake, or fake news, some others just wouldn't care even if it were true--how many nefarious things has he done over his lifetime only to have his base look away? Daily Show just did a Jan 6th episode where they showed clips of Barr and Ivanka admitting Trump lost to Trumpers at a rally--still they called it a deep fake or went--Oh Well.

Sure WE and most reasonable people are all outraged, but there IS a-Trump Fatigue factor and it's hard to stay hopeful when one side (the right) likes/agrees or accepts this behavior and the other side (Dems) is not much more than words in holding those responsible-accountable.

Trump is done--he's never going to be a factor outside of his wacko rallies and some endorsements--It's the mainstream right candidates we need to worry about like Desantis, who are smarter and better versed in politics and just savvy enough to get elected and slick enough to continue Trumps shit but in a better package and less obvious way.

It's a new day folks and it's not very pretty.
    Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; Yesterday at 03:50 PM.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am getting a lot of amusement out of the closed captioning efforts to spell Trump lawyer Pat Cippolone's name. The best one was Patsy Baloney, lol.

Patsy Baloney needs to testify - he said some pretty damning stuff.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

And seditious conspirator / wife of pubic hair placer SCOTUS Justice Thomas, Ginni Thomas, is now trying to escape testifying before the committee. Just a couple short weeks ago she glibly proclaimed her desire to "clear up misconceptions" about her concerted effort to overturn the results of the 2020 election and that she "looked forward to talking to them (the Jan. 6 committee)." Now, her lawyers are saying the committee needs a "better justification" to get her seditious self to testify. Figures.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid pitbull's Avatar
    I'm not shocked at anything Trump but it is nice to fill in the blanks such as what was said or done. The committee is doing a great job with this but I still have doubts as to what will happen to Trump and those who went along with him legally. Maybe Biden will cut him a deal to pardon him if he just goes away. Joke. Seriously Trump and his cohorts should be charge with Treason resulting in many many years in prison. Then Congress needs to pass laws so this does not ever repeat.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid pitbull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Yup, we all knew (and some actually admitted) that trump was/IS a grade a Grifter POS who had no reason being POTUS. Yes he should/might be indicted--but I'll wager it wont happen until after the midterms.

The Dems in office (mostly) really don't give a shit outside of using this for political gain and payback. They were just given the gift of Ro vs Wade on top of Uvalde--they now sit in the sweet spot, base energized and some on the right actually inclined to agree with them on 2 very big issues (Abortion/Gun Control)--Going after Trump before the election would do nothing but energize the right to fight back. So--sure he'll be charged, but not until after the midterms.

There are indeed people who would believe that it was a deep fake, or fake news (insert term) if Trump clubbed a LEO to death and there were video, some others just wouldn't care--how many nefarious things has he done over his lifetime only to have his base look away? Daily Show just did a Jan 6th episode where they showed clips of Barr and Ivanka admitting Trump lost to Trumpers at a rally--still they called it a deep fake or went--Oh Well.

Sure WE and most reasonable people are all outraged, but there IS a--Shitstain getting away with everything fatigue so those who've just become cynical and stopped waiting for the right thing to be done--syndrome and it's hard to stay hopeful when one side (the right--either likes/agrees or accepts this behavior and the other side is not much more than words in holding those responsible-accountable.

Trump is done--he's never going to be a factor outside of his wacko rallies and some endorsements--It's the mainstream right candidates like Desantis, who are smarter and better versed in politics and just savvy enough to get elected and slick enough to continue Trumps shit but in a better package and less obvious way.

It's a new day folks and it's not very pretty.
    DeSantis is for more scarier than Trump. The damage Trump has created in his four years is just a jumping board for DeSantis and the Republicans to further corrupt the constitution and send this nation backwards in time. The only hope is a reforming of the Democratic party or for Americans to start a brand new party. But I'm too old and too tired and it is very unlikely to occur so I vote for the lesser of 2 evils.