No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will add that if Garland does prosecute the orange turdclump, or if he hands it off to a special prosecutor, it will be perhaps the most difficult criminal prosecution in history, not to mention the first time in US history a President has been tried for a crime.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      I will add that if Garland does prosecute the orange turdclump, or if he hands it off to a special prosecutor, it will be perhaps the most difficult criminal prosecution in history, not to mention the first time in US history a President has been tried for a crime.
      And I for one am comforted that our Supreme Court will be there to shepherd us through the difficult and unprecedented legal waters.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• The list of those seeking pardons is like a who's who of Republican scumbags. Not surprised that Guiliani is on the list, too. I also have a feeling that everyone who was bemoaning the lack of action on Mark Meadows is about to see why he didn't get charged with contempt.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Still trying to process the hearing from yesterday. Absolutely unbelievable stuff. With criminal intent now apparently in the bag, I do think an indictment is now likely. I also think that was on an ongoing basis the weakest portion of any potential prosecution. Much less so now, though.

Comment

Oh, I see. I was surprised that you said you weren't even paying attention anymore.
            Honestly, it could come out that he was actually there and clubbed one of the police officers to death and i wouldn't expect it to change a single person's perspective on him or what happened. I'm glad the hearings are being held, but I would be shocked if anything comes out of them. It all just makes me sad.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Honestly, it could come out that he was actually there and clubbed one of the police officers to death and i wouldn't expect it to change a single person's perspective on him or what happened. I'm glad the hearings are being held, but I would be shocked if anything comes out of them. It all just makes me sad.
              I see why people are saying that, but I don’t think that’s true.

Comment

I see why people are saying that, but I don’t think that’s true.
                i hope you are right.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Yup, we all knew (and some actually admitted) that Trump was/IS a grade 'A' Grifter POS who had no reason being POTUS. Yes he should/might be indicted--but I'll wager it wont happen until after the midterms.

The Dems in office (mostly) really don't give a shit outside of using this for political gain and payback. They were just given the gift of Roe vs Wade on top of Uvalde--they now sit in the sweet spot, base energized and some on the right actually inclined to agree with them on 2 very big issues (Abortion/Gun Control)--Going after Trump before the election would do nothing but energize the right to fight back. So--sure he'll be charged, but not until after the midterms.

There are indeed people who would believe that it (Trump beating a Cop) was a deep fake, or fake news, some others just wouldn't care even if it were true--how many nefarious things has he done over his lifetime only to have his base look away? Daily Show just did a Jan 6th episode where they showed clips of Barr and Ivanka admitting Trump lost to Trumpers at a rally--still they called it a deep fake or went--Oh Well.

Sure WE and most reasonable people are all outraged, but there IS a-Trump Fatigue factor and it's hard to stay hopeful when one side (the right) likes/agrees or accepts this behavior and the other side (Dems) is not much more than words in holding those responsible-accountable.

Trump is done--he's never going to be a factor outside of his wacko rallies and some endorsements--It's the mainstream right candidates we need to worry about like Desantis, who are smarter and better versed in politics and just savvy enough to get elected and slick enough to continue Trumps shit but in a better package and less obvious way.

It's a new day folks and it's not very pretty.
                  Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 06-29-2022, 02:50 PM.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I am getting a lot of amusement out of the closed captioning efforts to spell Trump lawyer Pat Cippolone's name. The best one was Patsy Baloney, lol.

Patsy Baloney needs to testify - he said some pretty damning stuff.

Comment

• And seditious conspirator / wife of pubic hair placer SCOTUS Justice Thomas, Ginni Thomas, is now trying to escape testifying before the committee. Just a couple short weeks ago she glibly proclaimed her desire to "clear up misconceptions" about her concerted effort to overturn the results of the 2020 election and that she "looked forward to talking to them (the Jan. 6 committee)." Now, her lawyers are saying the committee needs a "better justification" to get her seditious self to testify. Figures.

Comment

• I'm not shocked at anything Trump but it is nice to fill in the blanks such as what was said or done. The committee is doing a great job with this but I still have doubts as to what will happen to Trump and those who went along with him legally. Maybe Biden will cut him a deal to pardon him if he just goes away. Joke. Seriously Trump and his cohorts should be charge with Treason resulting in many many years in prison. Then Congress needs to pass laws so this does not ever repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Yup, we all knew (and some actually admitted) that trump was/IS a grade a Grifter POS who had no reason being POTUS. Yes he should/might be indicted--but I'll wager it wont happen until after the midterms.

The Dems in office (mostly) really don't give a shit outside of using this for political gain and payback. They were just given the gift of Ro vs Wade on top of Uvalde--they now sit in the sweet spot, base energized and some on the right actually inclined to agree with them on 2 very big issues (Abortion/Gun Control)--Going after Trump before the election would do nothing but energize the right to fight back. So--sure he'll be charged, but not until after the midterms.

There are indeed people who would believe that it was a deep fake, or fake news (insert term) if Trump clubbed a LEO to death and there were video, some others just wouldn't care--how many nefarious things has he done over his lifetime only to have his base look away? Daily Show just did a Jan 6th episode where they showed clips of Barr and Ivanka admitting Trump lost to Trumpers at a rally--still they called it a deep fake or went--Oh Well.

Sure WE and most reasonable people are all outraged, but there IS a--Shitstain getting away with everything fatigue so those who've just become cynical and stopped waiting for the right thing to be done--syndrome and it's hard to stay hopeful when one side (the right--either likes/agrees or accepts this behavior and the other side is not much more than words in holding those responsible-accountable.

Trump is done--he's never going to be a factor outside of his wacko rallies and some endorsements--It's the mainstream right candidates like Desantis, who are smarter and better versed in politics and just savvy enough to get elected and slick enough to continue Trumps shit but in a better package and less obvious way.

It's a new day folks and it's not very pretty.
                          DeSantis is for more scarier than Trump. The damage Trump has created in his four years is just a jumping board for DeSantis and the Republicans to further corrupt the constitution and send this nation backwards in time. The only hope is a reforming of the Democratic party or for Americans to start a brand new party. But I'm too old and too tired and it is very unlikely to occur so I vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

Comment

• It also appears that "Trumpworld" - which sounds like world's worst, most racist amusement park - has been paying for lawyers for potential witnesses in order to coerce them and their testimony. This illegal act has been paid for by fraudulently raised money from the idiots who still give to Trump. Now I guess we know how it came to be that Cassidy Hutchinson got a new lawyer and - voila! - gave the shocking testimony she gave to the committee.

Comment

• Apparently the two examples of witness intimidation by the Trumpies provided by the Jan. 6 committee are "only a fraction of the evidence" they have regarding possible witness intimidation. This, of course, is a pattern for the former guy, who has directly intimidated witnesses in nearly all of the numerous investigations into his wrongdoing.

Comment

Working...
                              X