And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I don't know if this is Feral's point, but we basically knew Trump was responsible for this when it happened. He said as much himself, out loud, in public. It's true that the evidence continues to mount and increase in specificity and the number of witnesses and closeness of those witnesses to the scene of the crimes continue to increase. But I think the majority of us who were paying attention have known what he did for a long time, if not the full sordidness or nth detail of how it happened. The nth detail of how it happened is important for the legal system to act, and maybe, though I remain very, very skeptical, for Republicans to abandon him (haha, that will be the day), but it isn't really changing the main facts that have been out there since he was impeached over this.
    I have thought Trump was guilty of crimes for a long time. I don't believe the Biden administration will try to hold him accountable, so I don't make any effort to follow any news, it would just be a waste of my time and make me angry and unhappy.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Soooo...back to your point. Are you questioning my lack of attention or questioning whether Trump should be prosecuted ?
      Oh, I see. I was surprised that you said you weren't even paying attention anymore.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Oh, I see. I was surprised that you said you weren't even paying attention anymore.
        Fair enough....i have given up hope
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I have thought Trump was guilty of crimes for a long time. I don't believe the Biden administration will try to hold him accountable, so I don't make any effort to follow any news, it would just be a waste of my time and make me angry and unhappy. Apparently that makes me the bad guy, not Joe Biden
          You do know that Joe Biden does not prosecute American citizens, though, right? And that, despite how the corrupt Trump admin dealt with the corrupt Attorneys General like Barr, Biden has no real say in how the Department of Justice prosecutes (or chooses not to prosecute) cases, right?

Joe Biden? No wonder I couldn't tell what you were saying.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

You do know that Joe Biden does not prosecute American citizens, though, right? And that, despite how the corrupt Trump admin dealt with the corrupt Attorneys General like Barr, Biden has no real say in how the Department of Justice prosecutes (or chooses not to prosecute) cases, right?

Joe Biden? No wonder I couldn't tell what you were saying.
            Okay, i am sure if Trump was president and his admin was prosecuting one of the Clintons we would both agree that Trump had nothing to do with it. I suspect if the tables were turned Trump would make sure Biden was prosecuted. But I guess Biden can't do Anything about this, . there was an attempted coup, bit not his job to do Anything about it
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Okay, i am sure if Trump was president and his admin was prosecuting one of the Clintons we would both agree that Trump had nothing to do with it. I suspect if the tables were turned Trump would make sure Biden was prosecuted. But I guess Biden can't do Anything about this, . there was an attempted coup, bit not his job to do Anything about it
              If it is not the Bidens responsibility to prosecute people for their participation in overthrowing our government whose responsibility is it?
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I have thought Trump was guilty of crimes for a long time. I don't believe the Biden administration will try to hold him accountable, so I don't make any effort to follow any news, it would just be a waste of my time and make me angry and unhappy. Apparently that makes me the bad guy, not Joe Biden
                I mostly agree with Johnny Dickshot. Prior to these hearings I just assumed Trump was a treasonous douchebag. The hearings are confirming that, although perhaps the specifics are even worse than I thought. However, I also agree that he will not ultimately be held accountable and some low-level lackey will ultimately be the only prosecution, if any. So, yeah, I have not been following all that closely either.

Comment

If it is not the Bidens responsibility to prosecute people for their participation in overthrowing our government whose responsibility is it?
                  I mean besides me...who is responsible?
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I mean besides me...who is responsible?
                    Merrick Garland and the Department of Justice, which, unlike what it was under Donald Trump and Bill Barr, is supposed to act independently of the President on matters like this
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Merrick Garland and the Department of Justice, which, unlike what it was under Donald Trump and Bill Barr, is supposed to act independently of the President on matters like this
                      thanks, I kind of knew the answer. Who appointed Merrick Garland ? If Merrick Garland can't prosecute crimes that Bene pointed out are obvious, then who could replace him with someone who can prosecute what are clearly crimes ?
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

thanks, I kind of knew the answer. Who appointed Merrick Garland ? If Merrick Garland can't prosecute crimes that Bene pointed out are obvious, then who could replace him with someone who can prosecute what are clearly crimes ?
                        hint, it's not the Feral Slasher
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm not enamored with the work, or lack thereof, from AG Garland thus far. I also am very thankful that we don't have a corrupt piece of shit President who would fire the AG based on his refusal to prosecute a political adversary.

Comment

I'm not enamored with the work, or lack thereof, from AG Garland thus far. I also am very thankful that we don't have a corrupt piece of shit President who would fire the AG based on his refusal to prosecute a political adversary.
                            What about firing an AG based on his refusal to prosecute obvious crimes and an attempt to overthrow the US government ? Unless prosecuting Trump would be a politcal move, then I guess it is ok
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

What about firing an AG based on his refusal to prosecute obvious crimes and an attempt to overthrow the US government ?
                              I mean, it sure seems like the AG isn't ignoring it. There has been some pretty significant news while you weren't paying attention, including just yesterday.

Comment

I mean, it sure seems like the AG isn't ignoring it. There has been some pretty significant news while you weren't paying attention, including just yesterday.
                                well I guess we can both rest easy knowing that the AG is going to ultimately prosecute these obvious crimes. Whether or not I pay attention.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X